Chapter 11

I see a butterfly field where butterflies are on every flower. I have a urge to go and run towards them. By looking down I notice that I am moving. I am running to the center of the field. The butterflies escape in terror and they all run into each other making it more complicated to fly away. They all try to find a way out but that leads to them surrounding me. I laugh and hold out my arms. I spin in circles and a butterfly lands on my index finger. I watch it with my eyes as I turn. It doesn't leave my finger and I smile even more. That's when I end up falling to the ground. I don't know if I tripped, but the only thing on my mind is that one butterfly. I land on my back and I look up at the sky. The butterflies are still moving frantically and then I move my head to the right. I see the same butterfly still on my index finger.

I smile and watch the insect. I don't remember being this happy about something. I watch as the beautiful, rich wings move up and down as it jumps off of my index finger. I want to chase after it, but it doesn't leave. It lands on my arm. I smile at it and I swear I see it smiling right back at me. I don't understand this feeling. I don't understand it one bit.

I feel like I watch the beautiful insect for hours but in reality it was only a couple of seconds later and that's when I saw it. The wings, they were cracking. I looked in worry at the butterfly... the beautiful dark blue shatters, as the black turns into nothing, and as the white disappears like it wasn't even there.

I shake my head, "No!"

The other wing starts to shatter and the designs that were once there are now nonexistent. I have never seen a butterfly do this. Not once. I see the body slowly sagging. It is getting weaker. I have to stop this!

"No! Don't go!" I cry.

Tears prickle down my face as I watch the butterfly die. It doesn't deserve this! It cant die, at least not like this!

It falls on my arm, limp and frigid. Tears are running down my face and I don't know why. I cant stop.

I look at the dead butterfly laying on my arm and I see the bits and pieces of the beautiful wings in chattered piece. So small you could call it glitter.

The next thing I know the sky rumbles. I look up and I see that there is only one left butterfly left, the one on my arm. I look at the sky and see that its no longer sunny with the perfect amount of clouds but now its dark.  Almost black with hard, rock shaped clouds. The clouds bring down water and tons of it. I hear the thunder more clearly now. It was once fatal, but now its loud, really loud. My ears hurt at this new volume. The rain gets heavier and the winds increase. I still lay on the ground. I don't want to move. I don't want to leave.

The rain starts to make the grass drown and the butterfly on my arm starts moving at the strong winds. No. Don't- you cant.

It falls off of my arm and goes into this new level of water. I can almost taste the water without moving my head. I hear it pass my ears and the thunder is less as strong as it once was, but now I hear something different. Something I have never heard before. Its loud, even to be underwater. My cheek is no longer soaked in tears but a shore line for the water of the sky. It bounces up towards my mouth but then deflates towards the new body of water.

The noise re-appears, the foreign one. This time something new is with it. It is like a loud grumble then a big bam!

Suddenly I am moving. I am shaking. The water ends up to cover my mouth and without any thought, I swallow it whole. My eyes can only see what's inside this new mass of water and I am now shaking repeatedly. I am still stuck to the ground. I am not floating yet.

My lungs beg for air but I cant move. The sound happens again,  a big BAM echoes and this time I am not only shaking but I am getting pressed against the floor, like someone is repeatedly punching my lungs but not forcefully. Then I hear a crack. Not just a small crack, but a big one. The noise lasts about an eternity and then I feel it. The ground is splitting. Water is being drained and put  into the soggy ground. It drains all the water away. I suddenly gasp for air and I see that butterfly one last time...

***

My eyes shoot open and my vision is blurry. I cough up some unknown water and my lungs open up to air. I gasp and take it in. I close my eyes an re-open them. This time I can see clearly, but the sun is bright. I squint my eyes shut to deflate the sun shining into them, but then I see some familiar faces, one in particular, Waffle Nazi.

His eyes hold worry and I notice his hair is wet. What happened?

I look around and I notice my group of friends gathered a little bit back, enough to give me space. I look around in confusion and ask," What happened?"

My voice comes out hoarse. My throat is dry and I start coughing again. I take a deep breath and I am back to normal.

He still looks in my eyes and around my face. He doesn't answer my question, he makes me freaked out  by saying," Your bleeding."

I bring my hand up to my head and he is right. I can feel blood and then I remember. I remember what happened. I was caught in a wave. And- that rock hit my head, but what freaks me out the most is that I felt a hand pull me down. A hand that made me drown. I also remember the butterfly, the one that died. My eyes begin to  water as I think about it. The hand, the butterfly. I start crying and Waffle Nazi looks at me with panic.

I take notice of his hair again, its wet. I look down towards his body and its also wet. Did he save me?

He probably thinks I am crying because of my head, but I'm not. I can deal with blood, but why cant I deal with this?

He bends down and wipes my tears away with his thumbs.

"I am so happy your okay", he whispers. I look into his eyes and I give him a small smile-

"Thank you"

He gives me a smile back and says, " Anytime Darling."