Chapter Seven

A year later
1934
Dorothy's POV

I sit in class fidgeting with the necklace Bucky got me for my sixteenth birthday.

It's a very beautiful necklace, it has a red stone with a sliver chain and sliver around the stone. It had to have cost him a fortune, so I practically never take it off.

Mr. Donavan had been teaching us about what is going on in the world, it is kinda interesting but not really.

The bell finally rings, I get out of class and go straight to my locker. I shut my locker, and see Jack Dawson. I jump.

I slap his shoulder, "you scared me, gee what do you want?"

"I just want to know if you're free any time soon."

I think about it, "no I don't think I am." I say knowing I'm just going to go home and read.

I start to walk off when he stops me, "oh come on Dottie, when are you going to let me take you on a date? I've been asking since freshman year."

"I know you have, you're just not my type, sorry." I say walking away.

Wendy runs up to me, "he looked like he was, going to cry back there."

"Ok."

"Any who, Bucky and Steve were wanting to go to the park, you wanna come with us?"

"Yes sure I have nothing better to do."

We get to the park, and we see that the entire Barnes family is there.

"You two made it, we forgot to tell you it's the twins birthday party. Sorry." Steve says rubbing the back of his neck

"It's fine" both me and Wendy say at the same time.

"Yeah we all know Stevie tends to leave out pieces of information." Bucky says ruffling up Steve's hair.

After talking for a little, John (one of the Barnes twins) runs up and grabs my hand.

"Come on Dottie, I need to talk to you."

"Ok," I chuckle as he pulls me toward his brother Henry.

"So what do you need to talk about John?"

"It's Bucky, I think he's in love."

My heart starts to sink, "why do you think that?"

"Because he is singing love songs." Henry tells me.

"It's weird." They say at the same time.

"Have you thought that maybe he just likes love songs?" I tell them.

John put his hand on my shoulder, "Oh yeah we considered it. It seems very unlikely though because he has told us before that he hates love songs."

I sigh I remember him telling me the same thing, "why exactly are you telling me this?"

"Because," Henry looks around "we think it's you." He whispers

I can feel my face burning up, "uh why do you say that."

"We heard him talking to our mom about you the other day, something about a necklace." Bucky's youngest sister,Ruby, joins in on the conversation.

I want to reach up to my necklace but that would be weird, "what about a necklace?"

"Well if we were to quote them the conversation went something like this. 'Bucky why have you been singing and dancing lately'." Henry tries his best to impersonate their mom.

"The Bucky was like, 'I like someone'" John deepens his voice to sound more like his older brother.

"Then mom was like, 'oh honey that's amazing, who?'"

"'I think I'm in love with Dottie'"

I start to blush.

"'Oh sweetie I already knew that, you've liked her since you met her.'"

"'What do you mean by that mom?'"

"'You can home from Steve's party and told me that you thought the girl there was really cute.'"

John stops to think, "then they started to say something about a necklace."

"Oh my, that's a lot to take in." Did they know that there are four girls who Bucky hangs out with that have the name Dottie?

Dorothy Marie smith
Dotty Kentucky( I don't actually know her name i just know she is from Kentucky)
Dorothy Anne Miller
And me Dorothy Weller.

My heart sinks at the thought of him liking someone else.

"Hey kids why don't you leave Dottie alone ok" I hear Bucky voice

Ruby giggles, "ok bye Dottie." Then she skips away humming a song.

"Can we play a game buck?" John asks.

"Uh sure, what do you want to..." before he could continue the twins tackle him somehow.

I burst out laughing, as he starts to chase and tickle the twins.Soon the twins run over to me and try hiding behind me.

"Dottie can you please move out of the way?" Bucky asks with a smile.

"I don't think I'm going to move just yet." I tell him

"To leave me not choice." He picks me up and puts me on his shoulder.

I gasp, "Bucky put me down."

He laughs "I don't think I'm going to do that just yet." He tells me

"No Bucky put her down" you can hear the twins saying at the same time.

"Only if you guys surrender." Bucky tells them

"Fine we surrender!" John cries.

He puts me down, then he turns to the twins and chase them around even more.

Ruby comes skipping over to me, "hi Dottie, how are you?"

"I'm great how are you Rue?"

"I'd be happier if you climb the tree with me and Wendy." She says smiling.

I smile, "lucky for you, I brought my tree climbing shoes." I say as she takes my hand and drags me to the tree where Wendy is.

Words: 920

Sorry if this chapter was boring it was another filler chapter.

Remember to comment and vote!!