Chapter twenty- eight

A month later
Reader POV

Thor and Loki came back for another visit. So, Dorothy was hanging out with Thor and Loki.

Steve walks through the elevator door, tired and beat up.

He slumps down on the couch, "Captain would you like me to inform mini Stark that you are here?" Jarvis asked Steve

"Who is mini Stark?" Steve asked.

"That would be Ms. Weller. Tony made her name in the system, mini Stark."

Steve chuckled, "of course he did. If you could inform her that would be great, thanks."

Dorothy and Loki are sitting in the library reading when Jarvis told her that Steve was here.

She sets her book down teleports to the living room.

"STEVIE!!" She runs and jumps into his arms.

"I see you're adjusting well." Steve says hugging her back.

She lets go of him, "yeah, I guess."

Tony runs in the room, " heard a high pitched squeal what happened?" He sees that Steve's back. "Oh it's just you."

Dorothy and Tony laugh.

Loki walks into the room. Steve sees him, "hold up, what is he doing here?"

"Oh Iced Americano this is Mr. Snek. Mr. Snek this is Iced Americano." Dorothy try's to introduce them.

"We've met." Loki and Steve say at the same time.

"Reindeer games is just here on a visit with his brother. So far he hasn't tried to take over the world." Tony tells Steve.

Loki rolls his eyes, "I'll just go back to the library."

"So me and banner have been workin from something that we wanted both of you to see. It won't be done for awhile but it's still a thought." Tony drags the two to his lab.

Once they enter they see Bruce, "hey just the people we needed to see."

The two sit down in chairs.

"So we are thinking about something that can help Dottie with her nightmares." Tony tells them cutting to the chase.

Steve's eyes open wide, while Dottie just looks to the ground.

Steve looks at Dottie, "I thought you told me you don't get those anymore?"

Dorothy just kept looking at the ground.

"When she first came to the tower and we knew about it. We had Jarvis tell either of us, if we were awake, if she wakes up. Most nights when Tony was down here working on something, Jarvis would tell him that she woke up in a cold sweat and had an increased heat beat." Bruce tells Steve.

"Enough of the sad talk, we are hear to give you good news." Tony said changing the subject. "We thing we could develop a chip for her brain that can stop all of her memories from Hydra."

Dorothy looks up in shock.

"You can do that?" She questioned.

"Well it would take a year to perfect it maybe but yes. We can." Tony said smiling at her.

"Why did you want me down here?" Steve asked

"Well you're her 'big brother' and when we tell people stuff that can change their lives, they usually want to talk to a family member." Bruce tells him.

"Wait does this mean that her memories of before hydra would go away as well?" Steve asked

"No we can program it to where it only deletes memories from a certain time period." Bruce tells Steve.

"Yes, I want to do it." Dorothy said to the two scientists.

"Are there any side effects?" Steve questioned.

"If we program it correctly no, if we don't which I highly doubt we won't program it correctly, yes." Tony tells the two

"Well what are the side effects?" Dottie asked.

"Well, her memories from even before hydra would be gone." Bruce chimes in.

Steve looked at Dottie. Dottie looked at Steve.

Dorothy spoke to Steve through his mind, 'I want to do it.'

'What if you end up losing all of your memories as a kid and teenager!'

'I trust them Steve I don't think they would mess up.'

Steve sighed.

"Are you two talking through your thoughts?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, and I want to do it."

"Ok then. Let's get started!" Tony tells them getting up from his seat.

Bucky's POV

It's been about a few months since the fall of shield.

I have been staying in New York, because I saw the girl here.

She is currently at this tall tower, I think it's called Stark tower. I don't know for sure.

Her name is Dorothy, I slightly remember her. I remember dancing with her, and every time I think about her I get this feeling in my chest. It's almost painful, I don't know what it's called.

I have been staying in a motel close to the tower. That's not good on my part due to the fact that I know a guy who also lives in the tower who is looking for me.

Everyday for the past few weeks I have been going to this coffee shop just across from the tower.

Today was different.

I walk into the shop, I order my coffee. Take m seat, and there she is.

She walks in with this man. He is tall, has long blonde hair, and looks like the clothing he is wearing is very uncomfortable.

When she makes it to the counter, she starts to fidget with her fingers. The man starts to order.

He is very loud.

"I will have 4 dozen donuts, 2 iced coffees, and 4 Java chip Frappuccino's. Anything else Lady Dottie?"

I remember that name, my head starts to hurt as memories go through my head.

"Um, 5 cake pops please." She said with the most beautiful voice.

That voice, I remember that voice.

I quickly get up and walk out. As I walk to my apartment, I remember more and more about her.

Her Auburn hair, her whiskey brown eyes, her freckles.

My head starts to hurt a lot more than it did earlier.

I make it to the motel, and quickly start to pack my bags. I need to leave.

Once I finish packing my backpack, I make my way to the docks. Once I reach the docks I get on a boat heading to Bucharest, Romania.