Chapter thirty

Readers POV

Steve still had yet to tell Dorothy that Bucky was not dead. It passed his mind a few times every week, but he still didn't know how to tell her.

At the party they had lots of drinks. Dorothy, Steve and Thor couldn't get drunk from the normal alcohol, so Thor brought some from Asgard.

After awhile they sit down and have a good time, when Clint says something.

"It's a trick." Referring to Thor's hammer.

"Oh, no. It's much more than that." Thor tells him.

"Uh, 'whosoever be he worthy, shall haveth the power!' Whatever man it's a trick." Clint said trying to imitate Thor's voice.

"We'll be my guest." Thor gestures to Johnathan.
Did I put Johnathan on purpose, Yes. Yes I did.

"Come on!" Tony cheers.

"Really!" Clint asks

"Yea." Thor tells him.

Clint gets up and walks over to the hammer.

Dorothy leans over and whispers to Steve, "you should try, I have a feeling you would lift it."

He gives her a look, then shakes his head.

She nudges him, "come on."

"This is going to be beautiful." Rhodes says.

"Clint, you've had a rough week. We worn hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony says and everyone laughs

"You know I've seen this before." Clint grabs the handle of the hammer and tries to lift it, but it won't budge.

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony asks

"Please, By all means Stark." Clint gestures to the hammer.

Stark stands up.

"Oh, here we go." Both Dorothy and Natasha say at the same time.

They look at each other and Natasha winks, causing Dorothy to blush.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony says walking over. "It's physics."

"Physics?" Bruce asks.

He grabs the handle, "right, so if I lift it... then I rule Asgard?"

"Yes we of course." Thor states in a monotone voice.

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta." He tries to lift it but it won't move.

"I'll be right back."

He comes back with his armored hand, he tries again and fails.

Now both Rhodes and Stark had their armored hands on trying to lift the hammer.

"Are you even pulling?" Rhodes questioned

"Are you on my team?" Stark questioned back.

"Just represent! Pull!"

"Alright let's go!" They pull as hard as they can.

It still didn't budge.

So Bruce tried and once he let go he did this roar thing, no one quite knows what but at least he tried.

"A for effort buddy." Dorothy said giving him a thumbs up.

He mumbled a thanks, then moved back to his seat.

"Up next, Steve?" Dorothy questioned

"No I'm good." Steve said trying to back down.

"Oh come on, cap don't be a lame old grandpa." Tony said to get Steve to try.

Steve sighed and got up.

Everyone cheered.

He tries to lift it and it moves just a little bit, but the only people to notice were Dorothy and Thor.

Thor made a shocked face, and Dorothy smiled knowing he could lift it.

Steve stoped.

"Nothing." Thor stated.

"Widow?" Tony asked nat.

"No that's a question I don't want answered."

"Mini me?"

Everyone was confused until Dorothy answered.

"I'm good." She didn't quite understand why he called her that because she is older than him.

"Oh come on you were so adamant on me trying why don't you try." Steve urged her to try.

Tony interrupted their conversation, "the handles imprinted right? Like a security code, 'whosoever is carrying Thor's fingerprints' I think is the code?"

"Yes, well that's, uh, that's a very, very interesting theory. I have a Better idea," he picks up the hammer. "You're all not worthy."

Suddenly there is a loud screeching noise. Then this almost completely dismantled Iron Legion suit shows up.

"Worthy... No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers, some more than most."

"Stark."

"Jarvis?"

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was- a dream."

Stark pulls out a device, ". Reboot, legionnaire OS, we got a buggy."

"There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"Jarvis?" Dorothy whispers to herself.

"You killed someone?" Steve asks the robot.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asks

The robot play a recording, 'I see a sit of armor around the world.'

"Ultron?" Bruce questions it

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Nat asked.

"Peace in our time." As he says that robot break through the walls, and start attacking.

Skip the fighting scene because I am very lazy and don't feel like describing it.

"That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?"

He picks up one of the dismembered robots, "with these? These puppets?"
He crushes it's head.

"There is only one path to peace:the avengers extinction."

As he said that Thor threw his hammer at the robot.

Then the Iron Legion does the weirdest thing, he starts to sing.

Insert fight song here.

This is a joke.

"I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me."

Ok sorry for not uploading fast enough but here it is.