Chapter Twelve

1935
The next week
Dorothy's POV

I am walking around on campus, everything is different here.

I go up to my dorm, and see I had mail, I look to see who it's from.

Bucky.

I quickly rush into my dorm and set everything down, and open the letter.

Dottie,
      I'm really glad you made it there safely. I'm doing the best I can at the moment. But I wish we had more time to talk as well.
I have been doing stuff, like I go to the park a ton with my siblings. I'm doing fine seriously, you shouldn't be worrying about me when you should be worrying about your studies. I haven't gone to the dance hall yet because I'm waiting for you to get back. We said that we would go together, I'm going to wait.
      I will never find another dance partner like you, so I won't waste my time looking. Thanks for worrying about me doll, I hope to are eating as well.
Yours,
Bucky
I can feel my eyes fill with tears, but I can't show them to I force them back.

I start to work on a new letter to him.

A week later
Bucky's POV

I check the mail for a letter and i see what I had been waiting for the entire week.

A letter form her.

I quickly run up to room and open it.

Bucky,
      I got to go to London the other day, it was quite big. You should come up here some time, it really is a beautiful place.
It is kind of hard not being able to see you, Steve or Wendy, but I have a picture of all of us so that helps. How are you doing? I want to hear all about your college life. Is it all like you expected, or more, or less? Cant wait to hear back from you!
Love,
Dorothy <3

I smile.

Readers POV

The letter go on for the next few years until they just stop.

One day Bucky doesn't get a letter back.

He writes a couple more letter to Dorothy but she doesn't write back.

Eventually he just gave up.

Before the letters stopped
May 1939

Dorothy's class had a substitute due to her professor being sick.

Dorothy thought something was off about the man. He was constantly walk up behind her to see what she was writing, he would ask a ton a questions, and he was sweating.

As class ended, "Miss. Weller, will you stay back please. I need to speak with you."

"Yes sir."

She walked up to his desk, "what is it Mr. Jones?"

He sits up, "you are a very smart girl, why are you in this class?"

"Uh, I really don't know."

"Mm, well I just wanted to say I am going to be your teacher for the next week , I expect a lot from you." He said standing up.

"Yes sir." She said leaving.

As she reaches the door, she sees men outside the door.

She didn't think any thing of it at first but the closer she got she saw a symbol on their shoulders.

It was a octopus with a skull.

She turned around, "hey Mr. Jones I think there..." she was cut off by the door opening.

The men charge to her, she throws her book at one of them. Somehow knocking him down.

She starts to put her self defense lessons to use. She starts to fight the other man.

She is right handed but she had a really good left hook. So, in training she would always use her right until she needed to use her left.

She ducked and punched the man until he was down.

She turned around quick enough to see Mr. Jones come up with a handkerchief.

Chloroform, was her first thought.

Judging by the look of him and how skinny he is, she just punched him a couple times and then hit him with a left hook.

He is out.

She gathered her things, fixed her skirt, and walked out of the class room.

Later that day

Dorothy heard a knock on her door.

She opened her door to see two military personnel.

"Excuse me miss, but are you Dorothy Weller?" One of them asked.

"Yes sir I am."

"Ok well can you please come with us. We have some one who needs to see you."

"Before we go who do you work for?"

The men looked around, "we work for the S.S.R. We work with your mom."

"I still don't believe you,"

Then they grabbed her arms and practically dragged her out of her dorm.

At HQ

"I SAID LET GO OF ME!" Dorothy screamed kicking her kidnappers.

They let her down in a room, "We are terribly sorry ma'am." Then they left.

She sat in the room for what seemed like years. Soon, a man walked in.

He was an older man.

"Hello I'm, Chester Philips. I work with your mom, and dad. I was told you had a run in with some people earlier today, is that true?"

"Yessir, but how did you know?"

He laughed, "well, we were going to your class and we saw you beating up 3 men!"

"How did you see that? You know what don't answer that."

"Yeah, well do you remember why you left Kansas?"

"Yeah, my parents had to leave for their jobs."

"That's not the real reason. When you were 10 you were running around your fathers work, and you knocked over some tests. Now the tests were classified, so really only your father knew what they were. Until now." Philips stated.

"Wait, what? So what happened?"

"The tests worked. They were supposed to be super soldier serum tests. Once you knocked them over you got the serums. Therefore you got the powers."

"Wait, so you're telling me I have 'super powers' that's impossible."

"Well, now that you know that, you should know why we wanted to talk to you."

"Yeah."

"So would you mind staying here over the summer to have us work with you?"

"Yeah that sounds fine."

Dorothy ends up spending the rest of the summer focusing on controlling her powers, and she started to slowly forget about Bucky.

Ok sorry if this is cringy, I wrote half of it one week, and then next half a month later, so don't come at me.