Chapter Thirty-Six

Ok so I'm skipping a good portion but I want to get to something.

Hours later
Dorothy's POV

I can't believe it. I am sitting in the compound with Rhodes and Banner, and all I can think about is Bucky. How is he alive? Suddenly I am taken out of my mind by the voice of an old friend.

"Hey Dottie," I look up to see Steve.

I quickly hug him, then I pull away and punch him.

"Ow, what was that for?" He asked holding his cheek.

"He's alive?!?"

His eyes widened, "how did you find out?"

I scoffed, "well obviously not from you. Why didn't you tell me!"

"Well, I didn't know where he was at first, but when I found out, you were off earth."

"Holy shit," I could feel the tears threatening to spill.

He walked over to me and hugged me again.

"I'm sorry for not telling you."

"I'm sorry for punching you," I mumbled into his chest.

He laughed, "it's fine, I just forgot you had a strong punch."

After a few minutes of silence, Steve broke the hug and told me we had to go to somewhere. We get on a Quinjet and fly somewhere, I don't know where exactly because I slept the whole way.

Once we got close, Steve woke me up and told me to get my suit on. I quickly did so then went back to sleep.

I woke up once we landed. I made my way off the ship yawning, when I walked into Wanda.

"Oh hey Wanda," I yawn again, "how have you been?"

She looked behind me and her eyes widened, "I've been great! Im going to check on Vision," she started to walk off.

"That was weird," then I turned around.

Bucky's POV

I am waiting for Steve to get here, he told me he had something really important to show me, and I cant wait for anything.

His Quinjet lands and he walks off with 4 other people. He walks over to me and hugs me.

We talk for a second or two and then I hear a very familiar voice, to make out who it was I looked over at her.

She is yawning, like she just woke up. She headed off the Quinjet and walked straight into Wanda

"Oh yeah, she is the really important thing I needed to show you," Steve told me as I turned back to him.

"Is this real?" I could feel the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"Yes! Now go get her." He pushed me towards her."

Her and Wanda were talking, Wanda looked over Dorothy's shoulder and her eyes widened. She quickly excused herself, then Dorothy turned to me.

She looked the same as she did in the 40s. Her her auburn hair had gotten a touch more red than it was, but it suited her. Her freckles were still as numerous as the stars, I remembered the nights I would spend awake just tracing patterns on her face with them. Her eyes still held the warmth, I needed to survive a cold winter night.

After a few seconds of admiring her, I noticed her eyes tear up.

"Hi..." before I could even get a sentence out she tackled me to the ground hugging me.

"I thought I lost you." I could hear her mumble into my chest.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." I smiled and hugged her back.

By now we're both crying, which went against everything we were taught in HYDRA, and I liked it. I liked going against their orders.

We sat on the ground like this for a few minutes with her crying into my chest and my chin resting in her head.

I broke away from the hug and cupped her face with my hands. I really wanted to kiss her, but I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"May I?"

"You don't have to ask, Sargent." Then she crashed her lips onto mine, and the fireworks I felt the first time we kissed started up again.

After only a short period of time, we had to break the kiss. I looked into her eyes, "You don't know how long I wanted to do that."

After a few minutes we get up and join the others. Steve pulled us aside and warned us about the dangers that are headed our way. I tightened my grip on Dotties arm, not wanting to loose her again.

"It's gonna be fine Stevie, we've got this. We're gonna beat the living shit out of those aliens!" Dottie says as she pats Steve's arm. All I can do is just stare at her, and take in every single detail about her face. She has many more scars, but they are almost invisible with her numerous freckles. Her lips are still plump and pink, and they still curve into that crooked smile I still love to this day. Her warm brown eyes have a touch of green in them, which I'm only assuming she got after aging.

Before my mind starts to go somewhere else, I quickly look away from her, and let go of her and follow Steve. We walk outside only to find that an alien invasion has occurred and they were trying to break into the forcefield around Wakanda.

"They're killings themselves to get to us," I stare at the forcefield as a few aliens make there way through while others die trying.

T'Challa says to open the gate on his command. I look over at Dottie, she has her chin held high and hands are glowing red. I get some flashbacks from when we were in HYDRA. Agent Red standing over tens of dead bodies with both her eyes and hands glowing red.

I am quickly shaken out of my flashback when T'Challa says to open the gate.

And the fight begins....

Did I forget I have to finish this story?
Yes
Has it been a year?
I think so? Idk
But I have finally decided to finish this chapter. I'm not sure if you can tell where I stopped and started back up or not but hey that would be a fun guessing game.
I am truly sorry for not updating, I will try my best to continue this story the best I can. ❤️