Chapter eight

1935
Dorothy's POV

"After school today, I'm supposed to put posters up for the senior dance. Do you want to help?" Wendy asked me

"Yeah sure."

"Ok, well I have to get to class. Bye."

"Bye Wens." And we went out separate ways.

I start to walk to my class, "so are you free on Saturday?" I hear Jack ask.

"No Jack I'm not actually."

"Oh come on what are you going to do, read?"

"Yes actually." I say walking away.

He grabs my arm, "come on just one date? Please?"

"First of all let go of my arm," he lets go, "and second of all no, learn to listen and leave me alone."

I make it to class a minute after the bell rings, "sorry, I got held back."

"Oh it's fine, just take your seat."

I walk to my seat. Bucky is staring at me the whole way to my seat. I sit down.

Bucky leans over, "hey why were you late?" He whispered

"One name, Jack Dawson."

"Ah, I thought you liked him?"

I blushed, "uh no I did in like 5th grade but not now!"

I expected him to chuckle at the comment, he tends to like making fun of my previous crushes, but today he just sighed and looked back at the teacher.

I was confused but I looked up too.

"Ok so today we are going to be talking about book genres. Can anyone name a genre?" Mr. Rudd asked

I raised my hand. He pointed at me, "mystery"

Others went on to name some more.

"I'm surprised none of you mentioned the one that we are learning about this week. Romance."

I love romance novels, they are just amazing. Grant it they make me feel very, very lonely, and I now have very high standards, but they are great books.

"I want you all to write a two page romance story. It could be fake, it could be real. I don't care, I just want to see how you write."

There were a lot of sighs and grunts, I was really happy thought.

Bucky seemed to sit up straight, I look over at him with a questioning look.

He just shook his head.

Time skip to end of day

"Ok so I need you to reach these up there for me." Wendy hands me a few posters and a small ladder.

I walk over to where she wanted me to put the posters. I set the ladder down, and start to hang the posters up.

Once I finish I step down and look at the posters to see if they're even. I hear a voice from behind me,"'The Senior Dance' should be fun."

I turn around to see Bucky with his hands in his pockets, "yeah I hope so, it's our last dance at this school."

We start to walk toward the gym, "yeah too bad I don't know how to dance."

I stop in my tracks, Bucky turns around, "what?"

I grab his hand and walk fast to the gym, "I am going to teach you how to dance." I say with a smile.

As we get there I tell Bucky to stay there while I go get the record player from Mrs.Hannah's room. I roll it to the gym and start the song I remember you by Jo Stafford came on.

"Now if I remember correctly, you can dance. So what dances can you not do?" I ask

"Umm, slower dances." He says scratching his neck.

"Ok those are easy you should get them pretty quick." I say as I grab his hands.

"Ok so your hand goes on my shoulder, and then my hand goes in your hand. Ok." I look up into his eyes.

He was looking right back at me. I start to blush, "umm, then we just kinda sway. This one is very simple, it's just the hand placement you have to get right."

After that I decide to teach him the waltz.

"Ok so this is the waltz." I look over at him, and I notice he isn't paying attention.

I wave my hand in front of him, "hello earth to Bucky."

"Oh sorry I wasn't focused."

"Ok so this is the waltz. So you put your hand on my hip." As I say that he moves his right hand to my hip. I tense a little at his touch.

"Ok then you hold my hand again." And we practice for a little bit then, we start to get more in tune with the music.

As Bucky got better, he started to smile, which made me smile. The next thing I know I'm being lifted off the ground.

I yelp, we are both laughing so much that we're on the ground.

I slowly stop and look over at Bucky, I see him staring at me. I look deep into his eyes, and see us. A house, a dog and cat, and kids. I hear something say, 'a girl and a boy. The girl will have your hair and my eyes, while the boy with have my hair and your eyes.'

I look down at Bucky's lips to see if he was talking, he wasn't, which was weird maybe it was just my mind.

I looked back at his eyes, and at that moment, I knew that's what I wanted. I wanted a family, with a dog and cat, and a girl and boy. And I wanted that with James Buchanan Barnes.

I am in love with James Buchanan Barnes.

I get up realizing that I'm staring, "well that was fun but I have to go." I start to walk out.

"Bye doll." I turn around to see him waving at me.

I blush, and wave back.

Words: 969

I kinda liked this chapter.

Remember to comment and vote!!