Chapter twenty-four

2011
Steve's POV

I wake up to a hospital room. A baseball game is playing.

"Curve ball, high and outside for ball one. So the Dodgers are tied, 4-4. And the crowd well knows that with one swing of his bat, this fellow's capable of making it a brand-new game again. Just an absolutely gorgeous day here at Ebbets Field. The Phillies have managed to tie up at 4-4. But the Dodgers have three men on. Pearson beaned Reiser in Philadelphia last month. Wouldn't the youngster like a hit here to return the favour? Pete leans in. Here's the pitch. Swung on. A line to the right. And it gets past Rizzo. Three runs will score. Reiser heads to third. Durocher's going to wave him in. Here comes the relay, but they won't get him." The sports announcer said.

A lady walks in, "Good morning." She checks her watch, "or should I say good afternoon."

"Where am I?"

"You're in a recovery room in New York City."

The sports caster continued, "The Dodgers take the lead, 8-4. Oh, Dodgers! Everyone is on their feet. What a game we have here today, folks. What a game indeed."

I look at her, "where am I really?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand?"

"The game, it's from May, nineteen forty one. I know, cause I was there." I get up from the bed. "Now I'm going to ask you again. Where am I?"

"Captain Rogers" she clicks a button.

"Who are you?" As I ask this two soldier in black uniforms enter the room.

I run through the wall to get out. Once I get out of the room, I realize that this room was set up.

I just bolt out of the building.

"Captain Rogers!" I hear an agent call my name, and then say something else.

I find my self in what looks like Time Square.

This man steps out of one of the cars that surround me.

"At ease soldier. Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but... we thought it best to break it to you slowly."

"Break what?"

"You've been asleep, cap. For almost seventy years."

I look around in shock.

"You gonna be ok?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Yeah. I just...I had a date."

Time skip brought to you by credit scenes.

I am in a gym, punching a punching bag.

I knock it off it's chain, it goes flying across the room.

"Trouble sleeping?" I hear Nicky fury ask me.

"You're here with a mission, sir?" I ask

"I am."

"Trying to me back in the world?"

"Trying to save it."

Another time skip
Reader POV

Red sits in her cell. Two guards walk by.

«Ты слышал, как они посылают зимнего солдат, чтобы убита никярость? Человеку, мне сказали, что он бессмертен»(did you hear they are sendingThe winter soldier to kill nick fury? Man I was told he was immortal.) one of the guys say.

«Мне тоже это сказали, но я удивлена, что они не послали ведьм. У неё больше тела. Я имею в виду, что у неё больше.»(I was told that as well, but I'm surprised they didn't send witchy. I mean, she does have a higher body count.)