PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"LEIGH, sigurado ka bang sasama ka? Baka hanapin ka ni Alana e," ani Jorge.

Inilingan ko ito at patuloy na nag-impake. We're going to camp. To be exact, we didn't have a plan of our destination. I joined Tribunal a year ago. It's a group of people who loves to travel and to camp. They are known as aesthetic. A person who appreciates the beauty of something. But they're more on appreciating the beauty of a nature.

"I don't mind. Besides, I don't want to miss the chance now." sabi ko sa kan'ya at sinarado ang aking backpack matapos ilagay ang mga damit.

Wala pang ilang minuto ay narinig namin ang papalapit na yabag sa aking kwarto. Alana's almost one of the suicide squad members— Harley Quinn's face welcomed us. She's wearing her usual fashion style, above the knee dress with high heels.

"Hey, Leigh! Where are you going?" Tanong nito habang magkasalubong ang mga kilay.

"Away from you," bulong ni Jorge at natatawang nag-iwas ng tingin.

"What were you mumbling, Jorgensen?" Mataray na tanong ni Alana sa aking kaibigan.

"Nothing, Alana. Bawasan mo naman minsan ang make-up mo, pwede? Nagmumukha kang payaso e." Napapailing na ani ng huli.

"Damn you!" Alana was about to throw her heels to Jorge but I interfered. The latter went out of my room and left us.

"Fuck Jorgensen!" She hissed. Padabog itong naupo sa kama ko at agad na ibinaling ang tingin sa akin.

"You! Where are you going?" Her sharp eyes landed into mine. I heaved a deep sigh and put my backpack on the chair just beside my bed.

"Tribunal's activity." Simpleng sagot ko sa kan'ya. It's not as if she's my girlfriend and keep on asking where am I going and what I am going to do?

"What? You're gonna leave me here?!" She shrieked.

"Alangan na isama kita? You're not part of the activity, Alana." sabi ko. Inungusan niya ako at agad na tumayo para harapin ako.

"No! I want to come with you, Leighton!" Matalim na tinitigan niya ako ngunit hindi ko iyon pinansin.

"Don't start now, Alana. You know that you're not my girlfriend so quit the act." I headed out of my room, but she followed me.

"Leighton, come back here! We're not yet done talking!" sigaw niya.

Napahinga ako muli ng malalim at hinarap siya. Alana is just so stubborn like a child. Ano pa nga ba ang aasahan ko sa isang babaeng pinalaki na may gintong kutsara sa kan'yang bibig? Nothing. Pure nothing.

"Alana, listen. I know you have some romantic feelings for me but please, I don't want to push you again and again. I'm tired of it. I can't reciprocate your feelings. I'm sorry."

Naramdaman ko ang malakas na lagapak ng kan'yang sampal sa aking pisngi. I feel bad for being so straightforward, but I know that it's for the best. I don't want her to keep on pursuing me over and over again. She's like my tail, following me whenever she wants and wherever I go. I can't keep it like that. She needs to be free.

I saw how her eyes watered. Agad akong nakaramdam ng pagsisisi dahil sa aking ginawa. Alana isn't a bad person. But I don't want to give her a false hope. That there's still something she could get from me in return but to be honest, there's none.

"Fuck you to hell, Leighton Greenaway! I regretted that I fell in love with a person like you!" Muli niya pa akong sinampal bago ito lumabas ng condo ko.