17. Finding Grace

Harry pov:

So the stuffed bear really started to fly/float and Mal and I followed it quickly.
"So how to we know when we're there?" I asked.
"If the bear can't come closer, it falls to the ground or if it reached her, she will probably grab it."
"Okay, sounds logical... I suppose?"
Mal rolled her eyes with a sly smile and we kept following the flying stuffen animal.

So we were going outside too, since we kepy following that thing. Even though it was freezing and kinda snowing. Not that I cared, I mean I gave Mal my jacket since she started shivering and it was the least I could do since she helped me out with Grace.

We ended up by a place which I should've known... Ben's grave.
Grace was sitting against the gravestone and Mal looked at me.
"Well, there she is... Maybe you should talk to her..."
"Yea, you should go to the palace, Grace and I will meet you there. Besides that's closer then your place so that would be better now it's starting to snow."
Mal nodded and I walked to Grace.
"Hey little duckling. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I asked.
Grace looked up, she was holding her stuffed bear tightly and I picked her up.
"Are you okay?"
"I dreamed about him... That he was back... Everything was normal again..."
"Oh kid..."
she hugged me and I looked at her.
"You're ice cold... Let's get you back to the palace to warm you up, okay?" 
Grace nodded and I we returned to the palace.

So the three of us were sitting by the fire place, Grace was sitting on my lap with her head on my shoulder.
"You shouldn't run away like that, you should've heared how worried your dad was." Mal said and Grace looked at me.
"I didn't mean to worry you..."
"I'm already glad that you're okay. But really, never do that again."
Grace giggled a bit and Mal smiled.
"You really are a good dad for her, y'know?" she said and that was really making me feel better after that weird dream I had.
"Thanks Mal... Oh, by the way. If you want to crash here for the night, there are rooms enough... I mean it's only snowing harder right now..."
"Thanks, I might take you up on that."
Then I noticed that Grace fell asleep and I brought her to her bed, on a careful and quiet way so I wouldn't wake her up.

Mal grinned.
"So now the real question, why were you still up?"
"Oh, no reason..."
"You know I can still tell when you're lying?"
"It was just some stupid dream thing... Then I went out for a walk to clear my mind and when I checked up by Grace her room, I saw she was gone."
"You had a bad dream, really?"
"Ugh, shut up..."
"Hey, no judgement here. I've been having crazy dreams ever since my mom appeared here in Auradon. Like I should be still afraid of her."
"But you defeated her, you prove that you were stronger then her...?" I muttered with confusion.
"Even when you defeat something once, you can still be afraid of it happening either way."
Okay, so that sounded exactly like my dream. I knew my dad was gone, I basically never disapointed Ben (hopefully), I knew Belle knew it was an accident en Grace also loved me as her dad...
"Nevermind... I know you mean..." I muttered.
"Do you want to talk about it...?" Mal said.
"It's fine... Besides, we should probably go to sleep too... It's nearly 2am..."
"You know, you being responsible is just you being creepy."
I grinned.
"Goodnight Mal."
"Goodnight Mr. Pirate Dad King."
"Never gonna stop saying that huh?"
"Neh, it's catchy."
I went to my room and Mal went to one of the guest rooms, trust me you do not want to know how many there are of those...