o13. 𝘊𝘖𝘓𝘓𝘐𝘚𝘐𝘖𝘕 𝘊𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘚𝘌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WHEN A KNOCK SOUNDED ON Estela's door, she wasn't expecting to see Kory standing on the other side, still dressed in her expensive-looking fur coat and boots while holding an unopened bottle of tequila in one hand.

"Kory," Estela said in greeting whilst blinking—a little dumbfounded.

The woman raised the bottle and flashed a quick smile at her before squeezing through the gap, entering her room without a moment's hesitation. Estela's confusion spiked.

"I'm bored," Kory said before she could react. "I tried knocking on Dick's room but he wasn't answering, and you're the next tolerable adult here so I thought let's pay Estela a visit, shall we?"

Why would you go to Dick's room? It was a question that Estela swallowed down, chiding herself for thinking such a thing before closing her door slowly. She walked towards the small, round table in her room, where Kory was already seated and had poured the amber liquid into glasses for the two of them.

"Are you just gonna stand there, or are you gonna have a drink?"

Estela couldn't help roll her eyes at Kory's sassy tone. It wasn't that she didn't like the woman. In fact, she regarded Kory with a small shred of respect, especially since she had kept Rachel safe from harm's way. Plus, she hadn't really shown any indication that she wanted to kill either of them. Still, a small portion of Estela's consciousness told her to be smart and to keep watch; the same instincts that honed her survival out in the streets many years ago.

Shaking the thought away, Estela sat down opposite of Kory and took a swig from her glass, relishing in the slight burn it made down her throat.

"So. . ." Estela dragged out. "Anything exciting happen while I was asleep?"

Kory snorted into her glass. "If by exciting you mean 'getting our asses kicked' or 'being on the run', then no."

A snicker left Estela's mouth. "Don't forget 'showcasing our powers off' and 'debating over cheap motels'."

"Bingo," said Kory with chuckle as she took another sip. "None of that shit, thankfully. I'm just really glad for the peace and quiet, for once."

"You and me both, sister." Estela raised her glass and clinked it with hers, then downed its contents with a hearty sigh.

The two of them sat in silence after that,  just a few minutes of aimlessly staring into nothingness as various thoughts emerged and raced around their minds. Surprisingly, Estela found it to be more comfortable than awkward, considering how her and Kory barely had a proper conversation before. But sitting and drinking with her felt as if she's known the woman for the longest time.