o15. 𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘕𝘌𝘙𝘚 𝘐𝘕 𝘊𝘙𝘐𝘔𝘌

OHIO

OHIO.
2018

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

'NOT IN THIS LIFETIME'.

It was a thought that had been circulating in her head since she parted from his embrace. Not in this lifetime—because never did she think she would be sitting where she was right now, lips swollen and Dick Grayson standing in between her knees.

The kiss was still replaying in her mind; a movie rewinding and pausing to remind her of the way his hands roamed and the feel of his soft lips on hers. Estela slightly ducked her head as a blush blossomed on her cheeks, suddenly recounting the way she called his name when he kissed her neck.

Dick looked at her with a fond smile twisted on his lips; the same lips he couldn't believe Estela kissed. His heart softened—something he didn't know was possible, since it had been rough around the edges for so long—as he watched her trace the scar on his left shoulder. For once, the world upon his feet wasn't spinning; it was at peace.

"This situation seems familiar, doesn't it?" he said quietly.

Estela's fingers paused, taking in the meaning behind his words and then laughed softly. "That was. . .a strange night."

"I didn't regret it, though. I still don't."

She looked at him with bright eyes. "Me too."

"I think it was just an excuse for me to kiss you," said Dick.

Estela raised her brow as a teasing smile graced her lips. "Dick Grayson, did you have a crush on me back then?"

"Maybe." He chuckled with a shrug. "I just think I was too stupid to realize it."

"Hmm."

"I didn't want to leave, you know. . ." he said, voice much softer than before.

A beat of silence, and then, "But why did you?"

"I was scared that you were gonna look at me different. That you were going to hate me, or something—I think the thought of you hating me hurt me more than actually leaving you."

A soft breath escaped Estela's lips as she slowly moved her hands up to cup his face gently. Like magic, Dick's shoulders relaxed and he closed his eyes in content.

"I don't think anything you do will make me hate you," she said truthfully. "I guess I just like you too much."

One corner of his lip quirked up into a small smirk. Dick raised a brow and said, "Really? I thought you hated me when I left."