Ghosts and Demons

.

.

.

.

.

In a world filled with the supernatural, there things that are dangerous and inhuman. Demons have terrorized the Japanese mainland for a long time. Always striking in the dark, eating humans, even some powerful enough that someone took a stand. A warrior long should have been dead but is alive fighting against these demons. A time he doesn't know but people he recognizes. Ever since he arrived here, he found out that he wasn't in the Japan of his time. Confused Jin learned of an all-new era that was somewhat familiar to him.

What he eventually found out about his world was the existence of demons. At first, he didn't believe a true demon until he was 'transported' here. Trying to rest in a small abandoned hut, he heard screams near where he was. Jin instantly sprinted where he heard screams. A woman was running from something as it followed behind her. She only saw it for a moment when it attacked her husband. It devoured him as blood was everywhere then it focused on her. She has been running for a while with the adrenaline wearing off. The demon was waiting for its prey to get tired and strike when it was down.

She tripped over a branch as she fell into the dirt. She crawled up to a tree trunk as the demon stood behind her. Tears were spread across her face with fear for death in her eyes. The demon was tall with grey skin and an already bloody mouth.

Demon: "You know I'm not much one for chasing my prey. But I just love seeing them cry in hopelessness."

Woman: 'Please.' She thought.

It made a creepy laugh that made the girl even more terrified. She had a good life with a loving family and husband. All was about to be gone looking at the demon with its bloody grin. It approached slowly as she shut her eyes awaiting the inevitable. The demon then dashed for her with its claws out but he was pierced by an arrow that stopped him midair. He dropped to the ground with an arrow in its neck. Annoyed and furious that someone interrupted its feeding he pulled out the arrow and snapped in half.

Demon: "Who dares disturbs me? Show yourself!" He yelled.

He looked where the arrow came from but only saw the darkness. Even with his height vision, the demon did not see anyone. Until another arrow came from behind and struck his back. It let out a grunt of annoyance. He quickly searched around him to find the person by using all his senses. The women had enough courage to see the demon sniffing the air like a dog. It made an advance to attack her until the demon spoke.

Demon: "If you don't come out ill just take my prey somewhere else."

Women: "No."

The demon went to grab and take her somewhere else to enjoy his meal. That's when they both heard a branch snap in the dark forest. The demon turned around to see someone unexpected. jin emerged from the dark but it was enough to where his mask made him look like a demon. A demon with a sword is what went through the demon's head.

Demon: "What? What's a demon doing here? You stay back this one's mine."

It got into a defensive stance while he didn't recognize that Jin was a human. The woman thought why there was another demon or why two demons were about to fight.

Jin: "You deserve to die." He said with a threatening tone.

Demon: "Ha! You, are you trying to threaten me. You deserve to be in my belly. I can finally enjoy my meal when I'm through with you."

The demon dug his hand and feet into the ground and launched forward. Closing the distance, he went flying through the air. Jin grabbed hold of his sheathed katana and pulled only a part of it. The demon had sorely mistaken Jin for a demon.