Ghost Training

.

.

.

.

3rd POV

"The Demon Slayer Corps has around several hundred members. They are unrecognized by any official authority. Yet it's existed since ancient times, and we continue to hunt demons today." Jin explained.

"Demons. Essential food... Humans. They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Flesh is restored after being hacked off, and limbs can be newly generated. Some demons can shape shift. Others have otherworldly powers. They can be killed by sunlight or by decapitation by a special sword. Demon slayers battle demons with their own mortal bodies. Since their human, their wounds heal slowly, and, once lost, limbs can't grow back. Even so, they battle demons to protect humans." Jin told.

Tanjiro absorbed all this information which made him feel a bit more knowledgeable about what was going on. He sat on his knees across from Jin while observing him in clear view. Jin had long, dark hair almost messy wrapped in a bun, and a prominent beard that he was secretly proud of. Most of all we're his eyes, Tanjiro has never seen such haunting but powerful. An almost grayish-blue that indicated a glow but that could be the light reflected.

"Tanjiro, do you understand?" Jin asked.

"Yes. Master." Tanjiro said.

"Good. Follow me." Jin ordered.

.

.

Tanjiro is seen running down an incline past trees through dense fog. His breath ragged but he kept a focus on his surroundings.

"I will be your trainer from now on. There are others like me with their own pupils and training routines. To join the Demon Slayer Corps, you must survive the Final Selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. But whether or not you are ready for the Final Selection is my decision." Jin said.

Tanjiro remembered what Jin had said when going down this mountain was the various obstacles and traps set up along the way. He jumped over trip wires, stumbled over holes, and had to dodge incoming projectiles hurled at him. It was hard at first, he kept getting hit or shoved to the ground.

Forced to the dirt every time, he processes the pain before he took a deep breath and continues onwards. Eventually, he found out he could smell the scent of humans that placed the traps around him. Easy to avoid most of them but he was being caught off guard. A long bamboo tree lunged from beneath him, launching him around and into the ground. Tanjiro lay there shocked from the pain but kept getting back up.

If anything Tanjiro that the days following were not going to be easy.

"I come from a long line of Samurai. The knowledge passed from warrior to warrior. I will teach in the ways of not just a demon slayer but a samurai. From this, a foundation will be built where we will build upon it."

Jin watched from a distance as Tanjiro traversed through the forest. He sees that even in this short amount of time he notices a sliver of improvement. The boys used his great sense of smell. An important strength but it was going to be some time before Tanjiro is up to par.

From then on Tanjiro wrote everything down in a journal for Nezuko. Detailing his experience with Jin as his master and various training regiments he is put through.

'I am going to train my hardest so I don't die at Final Selection.' Tanjiro writes.

A large log comes swooping in Tanjiro's path. He dodges it by rolling right under it before continuing.