The Way of The Breathing Style

.

.

.

.

The Ghosts presented before me was nothing short but overwhelming. I was taken aback that what I am seeing and hearing right now are spirits. Warriors that are supposed to be dead and yet they somehow are living right in front of me. I was running thousands of questions through my mind. I had yet to respond as I paced back in forth.

"I know it is a bit overwhelming but I assure you. What you see is what you believed is true. We died here during the Mongol invasion as warriors. Even after our deaths, the fight had only begun." The Samurai explained.

"Our island is restless with thousands of spirits that have yet to rest in peace. The Mongols have found their place in the underworld. Doing the exact same thing they did when they lived." The woman said.

"It wasn't until you emerged as the Ghost that we began to fight back. The spirit world began to use you as the symbol to free Tsushima of the Mongol rule." The ronin added.

"You have done more than you know. For the living and the dead. The 'Ghost' is the reason we have hope to fight an unstoppable enemy." The masked man.

They each told a part of a larger picture. I had begun to digest what they had said. They are undead warriors that guard and fight for the spirit world. I guess even battles can extend into the afterlife.

Each of them must represent the warriors who gave their lives for Tsushima. The Ronin, the Archer, the Assassin, and the Samurai all banded together. I realize that each one can cater to each other's strengths and weaknesses. An interesting and possibly a formidable group.

"If you say who you are. Do I have the right to ask something about the dead?" I tested.

"That depends but we will only allow one question." The Samurai answered.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted an answer to. So many questions popped into my mind but the samurai said that it would depend.

"Does my father... Kazumasa... still fight even after he died?" I murmured.

The Samurai stiffened before turning around and conversing among the others. I knew somehow deep down that I would not get a clear answer. Is it taboo for the dead to reveal such things?

"Sakai. I can't say much but know that he does. And that he is waiting for you, all of them are." The Samurai admitted.

"All of them?" I asked confused.

"Your family. Once Tsushima is free, the spirit world may have eternal peace. The fight will be over." The Samurai swore.

I was hit with the comfort that my family is safe. If he says all of them that would mean my father, my uncle, Taka, Yuriko, and my ancestors. I clenched my fist to hold my emotions at the thought of seeing, hearing, and hugging my mother again. For the first time in a long time, my heart fluttered in joy.

"Jin Sakai. There is still much to do." The Samurai interjected.

I swiped the small tear that fell from my eye before shifting back to my stoicism. I gather myself and took a deep breath.

"You said my blade is needed somewhere else." I referred.

"Yes. An era of time is threatened by an enemy unlike any other. Demons have occupied the shadows and taken the lives of the unaware." The Archer illustrated.

"It's only a matter of time before they become more of a problem for everyone. They must be stopped." The Ronin gritted.

"You will be transported to a time not your own. Demon roams the lands in the dark while there are few that fight back." The Assassin clarified.