Season I: Confrontation

.

.

.

.

Author Note - New cover I made. FYI

Also changed a little bit of the description of the Breathing Style. Changes in the updated version.

_________________________________
_____________

Jin's POV

It would be some time since I have entered this world. I have grown accustomed to such circumstances but I can not disregard that this era of time is not my own. My time here made me realize how much a miss my home. I feel like I have abandoned them my friends, my family, and my home. I went from being a samurai to being the symbol, a Ghost, to defeating true demons as a Hashira, the Ghost Pillar. In that short amount of time, I had made my place among the Demon Slayer Corps ranks as one of the most deadly and dangerous pillars.

Several months later after I came into this world is when I discovered three unique and powerful demons. I was turned into something I wished I had not. I have demon powers that surpass anything humans could ever achieve. I dwelled on the fact that I had to sacrifice my humanity to save myself or others would have suffered worse. I can only imagine what others would think if they knew what had become of me. Especially the one back at home, would they ridicule me saying that what I did was a crime against humanity. I can only answer by asserting that I did what I had to.

I returned to base to relay what had happened one the past couple of days. I felt guilty about how I was going to tell Kagaya. I was thinking of the worse but tried not to let those thoughts get to me. I trust him that he will have an understanding. I told him plainly and truthfully about the Demons of Tsushima and what I had to do so I could defeat them. I ended my explanation by bowing down ready for any punishment that I hope to receive.

"Forgive me Kagaya. I have failed as a Hashira and failed to stay true to myself." I said.

I bowed to my deepest pose by laying the top of my head on the ground. I felt like I committed the greatest sin by becoming the thing I sought to destroy. There was a long silence that made me feel the pressure of the situation. I did not move from my position before I felt both hands firmly on my shoulder.

"Jin Sakai, look at me," Kagaya instructed.

I lifted my head at met eye to eye. I saw that there was not even a hint of hatred or disgust. Instead, he seemed like a parent who looked relieved that I was alive.

"Don't ever think that what you did can surmount what you were able to do. Not only did you defeat them and save the people but you defeated them in a manner that you saw fit. Demons are tragic creatures beings that may or may not have a say in becoming one. It is our duty to must make sure they never harm another and to give them the peace they deserve." Kagaya told.

I sat up straight and listen to him.

"I would have never thought Jin Sakai, the Ghost, the last samurai of Tsushima, would be here fighting a battle he knew nothing about. I am grateful that the winds of fate have brought you here. You have done more in such a short amount of time than I could have imagined. And with having demons' blood running through is an interesting development that must be looked at further." Kagaya concluded.

Ever since I came here, he has been nothing but praising me for my efforts. I am glad that he was able to grasp the situation to the best of his ability and try to accommodate a legend of the past. In this era of time, I am truly a 'Ghost'.

"Thank you, Kagaya. I will do what I can and try to make sure that the power within me is in control. I don't what to disappoint you in any way." I professed.