Ghost Breathing Style II

.

.

.

.

That night I decided to do a breathing exercise. This was a way I maintained the total breathing concentration. I jumped high enough to reach the roof of the mansion. From there, I began to meditate while focusing on my breathing.

For a while, I was in a relaxed trance. I kept a steady breathing pace but my mind began to wonder. In my mind, I started to visualize various breathing forms I could potentially create. I replayed my fight with Sanemi over and over to see how he fights. His fighting style gave me a few ideas for myself. The rest of the Hashiras could be a great source of inspiration.

I was still in my thoughts when I could hear the muffled voice of someone. It ever so slowly increased in sound as I could not make out who that was. That's when I could hear that it belonged to Shinobu. She was quietly trying to get my attention in my state.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

I awoke to reality and gazed into the night sky.

"Hello." Shinobu greeted.

I turned to see she was sitting next to me. I relaxed since it was just her. I shook my body from the stiffness of sitting for a while.

"How long were you sitting here?" I asked.

"Not long. I asked where you were and was told you would be here. I noticed that you're keeping up with the breathing exercise. Although what are you doing up here?" Shinobu said.

"Well, I would occasionally come up here to just be by myself. It also helps clear my mind." I said.

She seemed satisfied with my answer as we both fell into a comfortable silence. It was not awkward to enjoy one's company. A sharp crescent moon with storm clouds in the far distance. It was relaxing if I say so.

"I heard what happened with what you said to Aoi." Shinobu chimed in.

"Oh, yes. I tried my best. I always thought that me being the oldest. I could lend some knowledge and advice to such young ones." I realized.

"I am grateful. She was always putting herself and her work down. Now that you said something to her I can see her gradually changing. You continue to amaze all of us." Shinobu said.

The acknowledgment of me being here makes me think I was meant to be here. Maybe not permanently but I must have been summoned in a time of need. All this talk has led to me wanting to know about the person next to me.

"Shinobu, I hope you don't mind me asking," I asked.

I thought of what I wanted to say without sounding rude which might offend her. Even though there was a calm atmosphere I still felt a strong aura from someone.

"Is it difficult to hold such anger?" I said.

I glanced over to see her body had stiffened. Her eyes wider in shock before she turned away and looked at the ground I knew I had poked something personal. I inhaled a deep breath before proceeding.

"Ever since I first arrived here, I thought of you as the calmest person I met. Someone who could be just as deadly but as dangerous. These past months I recognized something. Your eyes carry a heavy fury. I've seen that look before on so many people I know." I said.

She was still staring at nothing as I continued.

"The feeling of something inside as they tried to mask it with something else. I don't say anything cause I know what's like to hold such anger." I conveyed.