The Hidden Demons II

.

.

.

.

3rd POV

Jin Sakai did not hesitate and sprinted towards the house. Like the many others that succumb to such a destructive scene. Jin was reminded of the hundreds of homes that were burned down during the Mongol invasion. That smell of burnt flesh and the screams among the flames. He kept going despite what that caused him from the inside. Anger for these people's well-being, if this was the doing of demons. Jin would not stop until it's dead for good.

He cased around the house first before making his way towards the courtyard. It's there he witnesses a grueling site. A man was over his mother's body. He knelt over her body with his blade being the only thing that kept him up. Two bodies lay across as they sustain fatal injuries.

The father and the demon were the only ones standing. Albeit the father looked weakly and was barely able to grip his sword. The fight was quick as the demon wounded his sons then went after him. The father fought with ferocity after seeing his family being killed in front of him. The demon expected this to happen but was disappointed at the outcome.

"I overestimated that you could even come close to me in terms of power. You people are a powerful family but when against something supernatural. You died when you tried to swing your blade. I admire what you tried to do but this is where you and your family meet your end." The demon said.

"If that's what it comes to. So be it. You demon! Despite your nature being fast and strong than any other human. If you were human you'd be nothing with that forbidden power. So in a way, you can never win a real fight as a normal warrior." The father proclaimed.

"You know nothing of real power even if it was shoved down your throat." The demon scoffed.

"But I will die as a warrior. For protecting what you potentially destroyed. I fight to defend while you fight for the sake of fighting. You'll gain nothing by killing me. Only the fact that you will never fight like a true warrior." The father declared.

"Then get ready old man. Your death awaits." The demon told.

The demon brought his hands together to form one long katana. A sword where he had to grip with both hands. The father did the same and got into his final stance. His son who was protecting his mother could only watch in horror.

The air around the demon turned red with a whirlwind of red fluid-like blood formed around it. A powerful attack that would only end with one swing. The demon was powering up as the father was blasted in the face with the wind. The sheer power this attack was emitting did not fault this man.

"Father!" Ozaki yelled.

The father's stance did not lose balance despite the enormous gusts of wind around him.

'Ozaki. I'm sorry that it had to come to this. I know one day your look to this day as the day when you achieved something greater. Protect your mother with all of your heart.' The father confessed.

He knew he did not stand a chance against a demon. Especially with this one being more powerful than any regular demon standard. He was going to go out like the samurai he was.

Before the demon launched into his attack, the ground around him broke and left a large crater. The ground cracked underneath the demon's feet as it disappeared from its spot. In slow motion, everything was still as the fire was blazing so slowly. Like the calmest waters and the stillness of the clouds.

The demon closed the distance in such a short amount of time that this felt like nothing new. Another death by his hand where he tried to find the perfect warrior to fight. A hopeless endeavor due to his nature as a demon. In his heart the old man's words were true. The demon can never fight like a true warrior. A fight where his life depended upon it.