Chapter Two

--CHAPTER TWO--

Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.

                                                                         Rose Ferland

As I watched Dylan sleep, I thought hard. I laid down on the floor and closed my eyes, trying to do the same. I opened my eyes after a minute and I still couldn't sleep. I hissed in irritation. Why couldn't I do the same? What has happened to me? I stood up and moved closer to the bed, trying to see what makes it so easy to fall asleep. I blinked for what I thought was a second, I wasn't in my room anymore, I was in a hospital room. A girl was laid on a hospital bed, tubes going in her mouth and nose, the machines beeped as they monitored her heart and brain. I moved closer to get a better look and gasped. It was me, I sat on the floor and pressed my hands to my forehead, trying to remember what happened to me.

Two nurses came into the room and jotted down things on a clipboard, I got up and stood behind them, reading over their shoulder. It read:

'Name: Rosemarie Ferland...Age: 16...Injuries: Severe Head and back injuries, hit by truck' My hand flew to my mouth in a gasp. It all came back to me now, I was walking in the street day dreaming and then the car came out of nowhere.

'Has anyone come to visit her?' One of the nurse asked, breaking the sound of the machine beeping.

'Yeah' the other one answered. 'A boy from her school who claims to be her estranged brother, he probably said that to get in'

The nurse who asked the question sighed. 'So, no sign of her parents then?' The other nurse shook her head and sighed. 'We've tried calling and sending letters but so far we've got no reply, Charles said that if we don't get anything in three days we should call Lorraine'

My eyes widened. 'Lorraine?' I shrieked, wanting to know who this person was. 'Who's Lorraine?' As always they never heard me, they took one more look at me before leaving the room. I marched after them, following them. 'Who is Lorraine!?' I demanded, It was like they couldn't see or hear me, it was extremely frustrating. I watched as one of them handed over the clip board that had my information on it to a man.

'Call Lorraine in three days if the father is a no show' The nurse said to the male doctor, before walking off towards the staircase. I sighed and closed my eyes again for a millisecond, I opened them and I was back in Dylan's room again, he was still fast asleep. I needed to go and look for my father, where would he go? I paced up and down the room as I thought, pacing made it easier to think.

'Do you mind?' Dylan yawned, rolling over in the bed. 'I'm trying to sleep-you should do the same'

I smirked. 'I can't sleep...I've got too much things on my mind' 

Dylan yawned and sat up, scratching his head. 'So, have you been to the hospital?'

I nodded slowly and fiddled with the dress, I still don't know where this dress came from. I looked up at Dylan and smirked. 'Apparently, I have an estranged brother...' I began, giving him a teasing look. Dylan laughed and leaned back into the pillows. 'Yeah..about that-'

'Why did you do it?' I asked, sitting on the floor in front of the bed. It was pretty annoying that I couldn't sit on something comfortable without falling through it. Dylan propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me.

'I don't know, I guess I wanted to make sure you were okay' Dylan muttered, gazing at me like he was in some kind of trance. 

I gave him a Mona Lisa smile before getting up and going over to his jacket where my ribbon was, I looked at him and he got up walking over to the jacket, taking out the ribbon. I reached out my hand to it, Dylan dropped it in my hand, only for it to fall right through and flutter onto the floor. I frowned as Dylan picked it up. 'Nice ribbon...' Dylan smiled, looking at me.