Chapter Sixteen

--CHAPTER SIXTEEN--

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

                                                                         Rose Ferland

I watched contentedly as Dylan slept in my hospital bed next to me, holding my left hand and unconsciously stroking it with his thumb, every time his thumb brushed against my hand I'd get a warm feeling on my left hand, it was glowing. I pressed that side of my hand to my cheek, wishing I could come out of this coma and actually feel him stroking his thumb against my hand. The door slowly opened and Allison came sauntering in with her mother following closely behind her, I hopped off of the window sill and went over to the opposite side of the bed.

Dylan's mother slowly gasped as she looked at her son and me. 'This is Rose?' she turned to Allison who nodded eagerly. 'The girl who Dylan's supposedly talking to in his room?' Allison hesitated then quickly nodded again, I suppressed a sigh then rolled my eyes. 'Oh, Ally...' she added in a tiring sigh.

'No, Mum, I saw her in his room, talking to him and he was talking to her!' Allison blurted out, pointing at a sleeping Dylan. 'I'm not seeing things, I swear'

'Sweetie, you're talking like a mad person..' Her mother sighed once more, turning to leave the room. 'I'm going to the store to get some food for us, when your brother wakes up make sure he's back in his room before I get back'

Allison frowned as she watched her mother walk out of the room, she balled her fists and shrieked, her eyes scanned the room then landed on me. 'You..' She started, her voice trailing off as she shifted her gaze from me, to the me laying in the bed with Dylan. 'Are you dead?' I slowly shook my head. 'Am I just going mad or am I really seeing you, because I'm starting to think I'm losing it too'

I laughed, walking around the bed to get to her. 'You're not losing it...you're really seeing me' I smiled, looking at her. If you looked really closely in her face, you could tell that she had a few facial features that was identical to Dylan's, like she shape of her eyes and how the tip of her nose was small but firm. 'I don't know how, though...do you?'

Allison shrugged and looked down at her feet. 'No, I wish I did, this is pretty frustrating..' then she looked back up at me again. 'Am I like Melinda Gordon?' I looked at her with a questioning look on my face. 'You know...that lady from Ghost Whispers who can see spirits and stuff?' I shrugged, still unsure of whom she was talking about. 'When you wake up from your coma or what ever, I'm going to make you watch all the episodes'

I smiled at her. 'I can't wait,' I sighed, contendedly closing my eyes as images of what Dylan and I would do the moment I wake up, he'd probably pull me into a massive hug and then pull away a little to kiss me and I'd obviously kiss him back. 

I opened my eyes and I was in a small, concrete walled room. There wasn't much in there, with only a table and a single chair as furniture and a light bulb dangled on wire from the ceiling. The atmosphere in the room appeared dull and emotion deprived, as if this wasn't the place to be. Levi stood right next to be, his eyes fixed on the table and chair positioned in the middle of the room. The door in the corner of the room opened, causing a streak of light to enter the room, a woman stepped in, she had dark brown hair that cascaded down to her mid-arm and a pair of brown eyes that you'd find on a child, which made her facial features seem young.

I instantly recognized her as my mother, I my gaze shifted from Levi to her, wondering what was going on, my mother slowly closed the door behind her and looked around the room, a small sign of fear etched across her face. 'What's going on?' I hissed at Levi, who just ignored me and stepped forward, more into the light. My mother's breath hitched up as she saw Levi approach her, I followed behind him, wanting to know what this was about.

'Welcome, Martina, I hope you're enjoying your sleep..' Levi greeted her with a smile on his face, motioning to the chair. 'Please, sit.' My mother looked at him, and then for the first time, her eyes landed on me and they bulged before she gulped and sat down.

'W-what is this?' She stammered, her gaze flickered back over to Levi again, the fear still in her face. 'Who are you?'

'I'm Levi, and this is Rose...I'm sure you've met her before' Levi motioned over to me, I stepped forward, standing next to him. My mother gasped, lifting a trembling hand in my direction.

'Rose?' My mother breathed, putting her hand to her head. 'No...' she started to shake her head in disbelief. 'You've got this all wrong,' she looked back to Levi and stood up. 'I'd like to leave, please..' her tone sounded demanding, almost like my father's whenever he wanted a glass of beer. 

'I'm afraid I can't let you do that, not until I've fulfilled my purpose' Levi answered, pressing his palms down onto the table. 'I'd like you to tell Rose the complete, truth, please don't leave anything out..'

My mother sat back down again and put her hands together in a small ball. 'I don't know what you're talking about..' she simply said, looking up at Levi with a smug look on her face. 'I don't know who that girl is,' those words were sharp, as they pierced my heart. I took in a sharp intake of breath and looked at Levi, wanting him to make her stop. 'I'd like to leave now' her voice sounded more firm, a sound that you wouldn't want to test.

I sighed inwardly. 'Levi, just let her leave, maybe she's not ready..' I told Levi, looking at him with an intense stare. 'Just let her go'

Levi didn't move his head but he looked at me then back at my mother who was chewing on her bottom lip as she nervously eyed me. 'This is her dream, we're just invading it-she can leave anytime she wants..' He stated as if he was suggesting it to her. 'All she has to do is wake up, but, when ever she sleeps, we'll be here until we get the answers that we need.'

'Answers?' I questioned, shifting my gaze between the to of them. 'to what?' 

'There is something that you must know, Rose, something extremely important' Levi said to me, leaning off of the table and pacing the room. 'About your childhood, you've been lied to-by this woman and your father'

Out of confusion, I narrowed my eyes, shaking my head a little to try and make sense of what he was saying. 'This woman is my mother and my mother would never lie to me unless it would be protecting me from getting hurt!' I shouted at Levi. 'You're crossing a really thin line, now let her go!'

My mother looked at me, a sparkle of gleam in her eye. 'He's right Rose,' she began, rubbing the tips of her fingers together. 'There's something that you need to know, something that I've been wanting to tell you since you were old enough to understand'

Levi smirked as he walked over to the corner of the room. 'Old enough to understand, what?' I demanded, looking down at her.

'That, I'm not your mother' She stated, her eyes brimming with tears.

'What...?' I gasped, titling my head to the right a little just in case if I didn't hear her right.

____________________________________________

If you're thinking that's she adopted, she's not, so, ha. Thank you for reading, I just wanted to say that I'm going to write a Bieber fan-fic, yes, I said it, a bieber fan-fic but in my story, he's not going to be famous so yeah.. xD

You like my new icon, Kristen Stewart is my new obsession.