Chapter Eight

--CHAPTER EIGHT--

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.

                                                                           Cassie Smith

I kept my headphones in my ears at all times, so that I wouldn't have to go through another one of Kevin's lame jokes. Instead of listening to his ridiculous flirting techniques, I secretly planned a way to get my mother back-surely she knew what she was doing when she made me catch a ride with these two loons. I sighed inwardly and pulled one of my earphones out of my ears, there was that feeling again-that I was being watched. I looked at Kevin, his mouth was shut-thank God-and his eyes were on the road, I then looked at his friend, Dylan I think his name was, he was too busy doing his homework. I looked to my right, the seat was empty but I still had that feeling. I shook it off and put my earphones back in my ears, Kevin turned around and started to call my name. I rolled my eyes and turned the music up a little louder, flinching a little when the volume started to effect my hearing.

The jeep came to a halt in the school parking lot, I instantly spotted Mike-my ex-leaning up against his car surrounded by a load of cheerleaders and his friends. I groaned and unbuckled my seat belt. I switched off my music and tried to open the door but it was locked. I hissed before turning to look at Kevin. 'Kevin, could you open the door-please?' I asked, putting on the flouriest voice I could.

Kevin turned around in his seat to look at me, Dylan had already got out. I pouted and jutted out my chest, Kevin's jaw dropped and his finger pressed down on the car key, unlocking the car doors. I grinned and winked at him. 'Thanks..' I smiled, opening the car and jumping out before closing it behind me. 

Kevin got out and walked around to the side that Dylan and I were on, a goofy grin on his face. I looked across the car park once more, one of Mike's friends had spotted me. He tapped Mike on the shoulder and pointed at me, whispering something in his ear. I turned my back on them to face Dylan and Kevin. 'So, what do I get for dropping you off to school?' Kevin questioned, a certain gleam in his eye, Dylan chuckled and slung his bag over his shoulder. Kevin continued, stepping forward. 'How 'bout a kiss?'

I raised my eyes in surprise. 'How 'bout a slap?' I hissed, making my voice sound dangerous and cold. Dylan laughed, clearly enjoying this. Kevin smiled and continued walking over to me.

'If your heart was a prison, I would like to be sentenced for life..' Kevin flirted, winking at me. I laughed at that and at how serious he sounded.

'Kevin, you should stop with the flirting-it's not getting you anywhere' I giggled, peeping over my shoulder to see if Mike had noticed me yet...nope, too busy talking to Tasha-the head cheerleader.

'I'll keep pushing until it gets me some where...' Kevin said, picking up my school bag and sliding it onto my shoulder.

'I'm taken' I lied, smirking a little.

Kevin stepped back and looked at me, a mocking shock look etched across his face. I arched my eyebrow and crossed my arms. 'Well, I'm single and looking...you want to be found?' Kevin said, pointing at me. I burst out laughing, this was getting too much.

'Are you serious?' I heard a voice demand from the other side of the parking lot. I peeped over my shoulder once more to see Mike looking in my direction his face giving away the fact that he was jealous and fuming. Shit. I turned around to look at Kevin and Dylan again, I flashed them a grin before grabbing Kevin's hand and dragging him along with me.