Chapter Ten

--CHAPTER TEN--

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything to fall in love truly was all i could think, that's when i met your mother, the girl of my dreams, the most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen, She said, "boy can i tell you a wonderful thing?" I cant help but notice you staring at me, I know i shouldn't say this, But, i really believe i can tell by your eyes, That you're in love with me, Now, son I'm only telling you this Because life can do terrible things...

                                                                             Rose Ferland.

I was angry, I was furious, I was feeling all these deadly feelings, I tried to control them all by balling my fists and squeezing my eyes shut. I managed to calm down before opening my eyes again, I was in the principal's office, Dylan was sitting on the chair, his hands entwined together on his lap and his head down as his right leg bounced up and down. Plenty thoughts were racing through his head, making it hard for him to focus on one thought, lots of them included me, few of them included his mother. Dylan looked up at me, his eyebrows raising in sympathy, he stood up and then sat down before bowing his head again and saying. 'Rose, I'm sorry....'

'That doesn't make what you did okay, Dylan' I scolded him. 'You do realize what you've started, right?'

'What do you mean?' Dylan asked, standing up. 'Mike is a nobody, he can't do thing to me'

I scoffed. 'You've only been in this school for a couple of weeks, what the heck do you know!?' I sighed and placed my hands at the side of my head before thinking and continuing. 'Mike likes to hold grudges, and now that you've done what you've done...you're a grudge and he's going to hold onto you like a hooker on a hundred dollar bill'

'You were there, Rose!' Dylan hissed, keeping his voice as low as possible. 'You saw and heard all of the things he was saying in there, he said you were dead'

'I'm dead to him, Dylan' I muttered, looking up at him. 'I always have been, I'm the gum attached to the bottom of his shoe, He doesn't care about me..'

'I do' Dylan blurted out, sitting down again. 'You maybe dead to him, but you're not to me...'

'Dylan..' I began, starting another rant.

'No,' He interjected. 'Everyone in this school thinks you're dead apart from me, Kevin and Cassie-I'll do what ever it takes for them to know that you're not-even if it means knocking down the high school dumb ass'

Before I got to reply to that, The Principal walked in with Mike on his heel. Mike had an ice-pack held to his right jaw and there was a large bruise just under his eye, I also noticed that his neck was red from Dylan's tight grip. Mike glanced over to Dylan, they both exchanged glares before he sat down in the seat on the other side of the room. The Principal sat at his desk and looked to his left and right-at both of the boys.

'Is anybody going to tell me what happened back there?' The Principal asked, leaning back in his seat and placing his hands at the back of his head. He looked at Dylan and Mike again before sighing and leaning forward, back in his original position. 'No...?' he continued to probe as he glanced accusingly at Mike then at Dylan.

'Mike said that Rose was dead..' Dylan muttered, glancing at me. There was a certain bitter edge to his tone when he mentioned the word 'dead' and 'Mike'.

'I said nothing of the sort' Mike snapped, flinching when his jaw clicked. 'He's just trying to get me into trouble Mr. Whipper'

'And why would he want to do that, Micheal?' Mr. Whipper asked, looking over at Mike amusingly. That was Mike's excuse for everything, whenever he got into trouble, he'd just say that and-normally-he'd expect to be off the hook and back to his old ways again.