Chapter Nine

--CHAPTER NINE--

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

                                                                            Dylan Kamp

Kevin, Cassie and I were sitting in the back row of our citizenship class, one of the most awkward classes-for the teachers to teach-out of all the other subjects. And that day the topic was homosexuality and the class was feeling just about uncomfortable as the teacher was, There was an empty seat on my right, Kevin was going to sit there but I told him not to because if Rose appeared I wanted her to sit next to me. Cassie shrugged off what Kevin and I told her, I don't think she believed us so I obviously had to give her some sort of proof. The teacher went on to talk about why some people are hesitant to come out of the closet and why it's mostly men that do come out of the closet rather than women. Somehow the subject went to methods of fornication between two men which made Dylan and I shudder and Cassie snicker.

A guy put up his hand and the teacher selected him. 'Yes...Graham?' She called, pointing to him. Graham put his hand down and spoke. 'I-personally-don't think that lesbians should be allowed to purchase dildos..'

He was interrupted by another girl who said. 'Shut up-asshole!' The girl sneered, scrunching up a piece of paper and throwing it at him. Graham turned around and shouted. 'Bitch-you've made your choice!'

Kevin, Cassie and I burst out laughing. The teacher glared at the three of us, we held in our fits of laughter. Rose appeared next to me and placed her hands on the table, looking at me expectantly.'What did I miss?' She asked me with a small smile on her face. I opened my notepad and wrote: Something hilarious.. Rose smiled and faced the front of the class as if she was part of the lesson. 'I am part of the lesson!' Rose hissed, pouting before shrugging. 'Well...sort of'

'When I look into your eyes, I see love...for me' Kevin grinned at Cassie who laughed and rolled her eyes. Rose laughed too, I guess she enjoyed Kevin's attempts to 'woo' Cassie kept on failing like I did.

'Well, When I look into your eyes, I see straight through to the back of your head' Cassie joked, laughing a little. Kevin chuckled and put his arm on the back of her chair. Cassie leaned forward. 'You either move it-or I'll chop it off, you choose' Kevin frowned and moved his arm. I snickered at him.

This lesson was starting to bore me. 'Miss?-Can I go to the bathroom?' I sighed, putting my hand up.

'Miss?-Can I go to the bathroom?' Mike mimicked in a high pitched tone receiving a loud of high fives from his friends.

'You know Mike, I'd ask how old you are, but I reckon you can't count that high..' I sneered at Mike causing the whole class to snicker and making 'oo' sounds.

'How about you shut up before I shut you up?' Mike snapped, turning around in his seat, the teacher's pleas for him to turn around and keep quiet was completely inaudible to him. Mike's face lit up with recognition. 'Aren't you the dude that used to be dating the dead chick?'

I stood up in my seat and Kevin stood up too, putting his hand on my shoulder. 'What did you just say?' I seethed, balling my fists and narrowing my eyes. Kevin was applying more weight to his hand that was on my shoulder to try and get me to sit down, even Rose appeared in front of me but I saw right through her.

'Dylan, ignore him' Rose whispered in a pleading tone. 'He's not worth it'

'But you are..' I muttered, looking at her. Rose's face softened into a faint smile. Cassie stood up and put her hands on the table to look at me. 'Don't waste your time Dylan, Mike's definitely not worth it' Cassie insisted to me.

'Cassie, you're supposed to be on my side-not theirs!' Mike childishly snapped at Cassie, as he stood up in his seat. 'What kind of girlfriend are you?'

'Who-in their right mind-would ever want to date a guy like you?' Cassie snarled at Mike. 'You have got your head so far up your ass, you can chew your food again on the way down' The whole class made some more snickering sounds along with a whole round of 'oo's.

Mike scowled at Cassie before tucking his chair under the table and slowly walking over to my table, he stopped when he was a couple of inches away from my table. 'I said, aren't you the guy that used to be dating the dead chick?' Mike repeated, stretching out every word and syllable. Mike turned around to face the class. 'Rose is dead isn't she, if she isn't-then where is she?' Mike taunted as he pretended to search the class. 'Rose?-Where are you?-Come out, come out where ever you are...'

The class giggled at this. 'How could you be so shallow, Mike?' Kevin asked, incredulously. 'Is your stupidity that strong that it effects your emotions, too?'

'Shut up, worm' Mike jeered before turning back to me again. 'What are you gonna do, Ghost boy?'

It took me a second to think about it before leaping over the table and tackling Mike to the ground, the whole class erupted in cheers and gasps as I continously punched Mike in the face. 'Dylan, stop it!' Rose cried out, trying her best to distract me.

Mike put his hands on my face and clawed at it, scratching me in the process. I put both of my hands around his neck and squeezed tight. Kevin tackled me to the ground and tried to hold me down. 'Dylan, you need to calm down before you get expelled, man' Kevin shouted over my swearing and yells for him to get the hell off of me.

'Calm down my ass-get the fuck off of me!' I yelled, pushing Kevin as hard as I could but the guy was too strong. Kevin was tugged away and I was taken away by a pissed off looking guy. The last glimpse I got of Mike was him being on the floor surrounded by a load of people. I was taken into a office and left to sit in there on my own, with all my thoughts and regrets coming over me. What if they're going to call up my mother?-I'll be pissed.

'What were you thinking?' Rose shrieked in demand as she appeared in front of me, I'd never seen her so angry.

'I was thinking about how you'd feel when he said that' I answered honestly, I couldn't lie to Rose.

'Why!?' Rose hissed, pacing up and down the room. 'Couldn't you have just left it, there?-Why did you let him get to you?'

'I don't know, I-' I started.

'You've just made it worse!' Rose snapped, looking at me. 'Mike's not going to stop!'

Sorry I had to cut it short there, the mother is nagging again. The video is a book trailer, Watch it please!!!!