Chapter Four.

--CHAPTER FOUR--

                And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.

                                                                          Rose Ferland

It felt weird, I had to admit it. The thing that was weird was that I could just go anywhere I want, with out anyone telling me that I can’t or having a curfew-not that my father cared enough to set one when I was ‘conscious’-In just one night, I went to London, It wasn’t as great as I thought it was but I got to ride the London Eye and listen to the Brits speak in their British accents, which was extremely exciting to hear. I then proceeded to go to Australia and soak in some Vitamin D. Levi taught me how to do a lot of things, seeming that I was eager to learn; He taught me so much things that I almost forgot to ask him the most important question-The reason that I had come to see him in the first place.

‘Levi...’ I called him, stretching my hand out before he disappeared. He had almost become like an older brother to me. Levi turned around, he looked bothered about something. ‘Why when someone tries to touch me…they instantly feel cold-But when I touch them, I feel warm?’

Levi thought about this answer for a while. ‘Your spirit is cold because your body is damaged, this boy that you’ve been hanging around is fine-so he has the normal body temperature’

‘I don’t feel cold, I feel normal’ I questioned to myself.

Levi chuckled and patted my head. ‘Of course you wouldn’t. You’re used to it’ I nodded slowly, considering that he may be right. I looked at my surroundings, we were in the forest where we met, and I had developed some sort of name for this place, ‘Lake Ease…’ I mentally murmured to myself. I hadn’t noticed that Levi had gone, he did that quite often. It slightly annoyed me because there was so much more that I wanted to ask him, like when will I be normal again? The supernatural life was fun but there was times when it could be extremely lonely-whether you’d have a helper like Levi or not-I sighed inwardly and closed my eyes, opening them a second later to find myself staring down at a familiar carpet.

I looked up to see Dylan fast asleep, it was a Saturday. It was kind of fun to watch him sleep, he’d murmur something to himself every now and then. I crouched down in front of the bed, and gazed willingly at him. I unconsciously reached out and outlined the faint lines in his face. I couldn’t see why someone that is of Dylan’s age would have faint worry lines on his forehead, but he also had laugh lines on his cheeks-I traced over them too. Dylan’s eyes shot wide open and he jumped up, his back pressed against the wall behind his bed.

‘Sorry…’ I shrieked, covering my mouth. ‘It’s just that you look so…peaceful when you sleep’

‘No, it’s cool’ Dylan muttered, shaking. ‘I’m still trying to get used to this whole, just like heaven thing’

I arched my eyebrow. ‘Just like Heaven?-What’s that all about?’

Dylan laughed. ‘You’ve never heard of that?’  I frowned and shook my head, I wasn’t really one to go to the cinema and watch a movie, that was because no one ever invited me and I always felt extremely awkward going on my own. ‘I’ll go rent the DVD- Wow Rose, I don’t believe you’

I followed into the bathroom and perched on the toilet and watched him brush his teeth. The bathroom was now painted an aqua blue, before it was just white-like the rest of the house.