εԹίနσδε ƒσմɾ

1x04 Dead Man Dating

(Scene: Manor. Foyer. Prue is walking towards the front door. She opens it and Andy's there.) 

Prue: Andy, hi. 

Andy: I was no where near the neighbourhood, thought I'd stop by. 

Prue: Honest man, I like that. (She steps aside and Andy walks in. She closes the door.) So, um, I had a great time last night. 

Andy: Yeah, me too. But I forgot to give you something very important. (He gets a little square box out of his coat pocket.) Happy birthday. 

Prue: But it's not my birthday until next week. (She reaches for the box but he pulls it away.) 

Andy: Consider this a preview. (She grabs the box off of him and opens it up. She pulls out...) 

Prue: A key? 

Andy: To the Calistoga Spa. We leave Friday night after work. Don't worry, I got us adjoining rooms. 

Prue: Adjoining rooms? 

Andy: Well, I wouldn't want to assume something I'm not supposed to be assuming. Although, it has been over a month since we... then decided to take it slow, but no pressure. I just want to be with you, away, together. Think about it. 

Prue: Okay. (He leans over and kisses her.) 

Andy: Let me know. Bye. (He leaves.) 

Prue: Happy birthday to me. 

(Scene: Mark Chao's mother's place. Mark and his mother are standing outside. He is holding a balloon.) 

Mark: Give me a break, mum. 

Mrs. Chao: There are a lot of hungry spirits out there, Mark. 

Mark: You're like the Chinese Shirley MacLaine, you know that? 

Mrs. Chao: Better safe than sorry. 

Mark: I'll risk it. 

Mrs. Chao: You should have more respect for ghosts, Mark. If your grandmother were here-- 

Mark: She'd warn me about all the evil spirits walking the streets in Chinatown, I know, I know.

(Mrs. Chao takes an amulet off a hook next to the door.) 

Mrs. Chao: You should take this for protection. (He hooks it back up.) 

Mark: Maybe the ghosts need protection from me. (He kisses her on the cheek.) I'll be okay, mum. I'm 23 now. I can take care of myself, okay. (He hands her the balloon.) I gotta go. 

Mrs. Chao: Happy Birthday, Mark. 

Mark: Thanks. (He walks off.) 

(Cut to Chinatown. Mark is walking down the crowded street.) 

Woman: Hi, Mark. 

Mark: Hey, how are ya? (Mark walks down an alley. A gang surrounds him.) 

Guy: Is this the guy? 

Tony: That's him. (To Mark) Is today your birthday? 

Mark: Who are you? What do you want? 

Tony: You. Make a wish. (Tony gets out his gun, points it at Mark and shoots. Mark falls to the ground. His spirits floats out his body and stands aside. Tony kneels beside Mark's body and places a ring on his finger. Another guy pours kerosene all over Mark's body and Tony lights a match.)