εԹίနσδε εʆεѵεη - Թαɾϯ ϯϖσ

Feats of Clay

Piper: Prue, you wonder why you're outta the loop. You worry too much about Penelope.

(Cut to Prue.)

Prue: No, I don't, I just don't wanna see her get hurt, that's all. Look, I just get this really bad feeling about Clay, I can't explain it.

(Cut to Piper.)

Piper: I can. You don't think he's good enough for her. Just like you didn't think Jeremy was good enough for me. Of course in his case you were right, but that's not the point.

(Cut to Prue.)

Prue: No, your point is that it's none of my business and you're probably right. Speaking of playing matchmaker, how's Doug?

(Cut to Piper.)

Piper: The same unfortunately. Except I'm getting a little freeze frazzled, it's draining.

(Cut to Prue.)

Prue: Don't you think you need to find a better way to deal before you get fired?

(Cut to Piper.)

Piper: I know. (Piper sees Doug coming.) Oops, I gotta go, I gotta go. (She hangs up. Shelley walks past Doug and he knocks a vase over and drops a tray of cutlery. Piper tries to freeze him.) Sorry, Doug. Too pooped to pop.

(Scene: Manor. Living room. Penelope and Clay are there. They are eating Chinese food.)

Clay: I'm surprised you moved back here. I remember a few late nights, a few beers, a few not so pleasant conversations about your sisters. Here you are, living together again. Necessity or your choice.

Penelope: I think a little bit of both. Anyway, things have kind of picked up at the Halliwell manor.

Clay: Like how?

Penelope: Oh, well, let's just say, uh, San Francisco has been a lot more unusual. More rice?

Clay: No thanks. You know, Penelope, you really haven't said much about what you've been doing.

Penelope: Protecting the innocent from evil.

Clay: Come on, be serious. I mean, you barely had a spare minute in New York. Three jobs just to afford your social calendar.

Penelope: Things have changed. I've changed.

Clay: I'm trying to change too. One thing that won't change is how I feel about you. (They kiss. They stop kissing and Penelope lets out a little noise.) I'm sorry, I shouldn't...

Penelope: No, it's-it's not that, believe me. I, uh, it took me a long time to get over you and I just wanna be careful.

Clay: I understand. But if I cleaned up my act would you consider moving back? (Penelope laughs.)

Penelope: Do not go there now. (Prue walks in.)

Prue: Oh, sorry to interrupt.

Penelope: It's okay, it happens.

Clay: I should get back anyway. (He stands up and starts cleaning up the Chinese containers.)

Penelope: Clay, stop, I got it, I got it.

Clay: (To Prue) So how's it going with the urn?