Chapter Six.

Nick's POV:

"Renee, wake up. We're here." I pulled into the performance center parking lot and parked, careful not to hit the fans that surrounded my truck. I looked over at Renee, who fell asleep on the way here. She's so cute. She mumbled something and pulled her hood over her head, "You can tryout for me. I'll sleep." I laughed. It's been two weeks since our date and we've spent almost every waking second together. I guess it's safe to say that we are official but she hasn't mentioned it, so I don't know. We hold hands and go places and every once in awhile, I get a kiss. But I think she's afraid to make things official because of Dean. There's no telling how'd he react. "Although we are both good looking blondes, I think they'll tell the difference between us." "Wanna bet?"

She pulled the hood off her head and started fixing her hair, "Do you like my hair short like this? It's different." "Absolutely. I love it." "Of course some of my haters would disagree." "Who cares about them? I think you look beautiful." She smiled and kissed my cheek then rubbed her hands together, "I'm so nervous! Oh my god! What if I mess up?" "You're not." "What if I fuck up a move?" "The best of us do. You just keep going." "But-" "Renee-" "Just-" "Babe, you're gonna have a heart attack before you even go into the building." She sighed, "You're right, any last minute advice?" I leaned and kissed her gently then whispered, "Just go in there and steal the show."

And that's exactly what Renee did. Paige, Dean, and I stood outside the ring along with several other superstars as her tryout continued. She was doing really well. Actually no, I take that back. More than well. At this rate, she's definitely going to skip NXT and go straight to main roster. They do that from time to time. I smiled through her whole tryout and I felt Ambrose's eyes glare at me. I sighed and turned to him, "Dude, what is your problem? We've never had issues in the past. Why do you hate me all of a sudden?" He smiled but didn't even turn around to face me, "Paige, who is Nicholas talking to?" Paige sighed, "You two quit it. This isn't about the love war, this is about Renee's tryout." "Love war?" I asked.

"YES A WAR!" Dean exclaimed out loud and everyone kinda stopped, looking at him. Dean turned to face me and smiled, "A war that I plan to win. You think you're better than me, Nick? Do you? Whether it's in the ring or outside of it? Whether you're Nick and I'm Jon or you're Dolph Ziggler and I'm Dean Ambrose? You think you're better than me?" I looked around and everyone was watching us. Even Renee's tryout came to a halt. I looked him in his crazy eyes and shook my head, "I'm not better than anyone." "LIES. Say how you really feel." "I just go out there, give 100%, and steal the show. Like Renee is suppose to be doing with her tryout right now. But no. No, no, no, you have to ruin this for her!"

"I'm protecting her!" He yelled. Here we go. Another episode of The Dean Ambrose Show. "Guys please.." Paige whispered glancing between us both. "No, you know what? I've been nice to you and I tolerate you because you're Renee's best friend but jesus, I'm so tired of you! Ever since we went on our date, you've been attacking me! What did I do!? Why are you out to get me!?"
"Because I see right through you! You come across as this nice guy but I know you're not! You're not good enough for Renee!" "And who is? You?" "Why you son of a-" Roman came out of nowhere and grabbed Dean when he tried to lungs after me when I said that.

"Jonathan! Stop acting like some sort of an animal!" Hunter stepped between us and wagged his finger in Ambrose's face like a father disapproving of something his child has done. "I'm serious. Now, we are in the middle of a tryout match and I don't give a shit what's going on here but if you do not pull your act together, I will suspend you from live events without pay do you understand me!?" Dean stopped struggling in Roman's grip and nodded, even though he still looked pissed off. "Now," Hunter cleared his throat, "Please continue with Renee's tryout."

Renee's tryout continued without further interference. Dean kept his cool but only because Paige was in between us and Roman had his arm around Dean's shoulder to keep him from attacking again. Ro whispered in Dean's ear and Dean nodded slowly but kept clenching and unclenching his fists. I assumed it was some type of method for him to calm down. I tried not to focus on Dean but on Renee's tryout but I kept looking just in case. He's so unpredictable you never know. "Renee told me for you watch closely. She has a surprise for you." Paige said. I nodded, "Am I suppose to be looking for anything particular?" "Something like that." Paige grinned.

That's when Renee did something no woman has ever done before in her life. It was almost unreal. The girl she was up against in the tryout, some NXT rookie, struggled to her feet. Once she was up, Renee connected the Famouser, which of course is my move. I smiled, "Performs it better than me if I do say so myself." "I personally wanted her to connect the Paige Turner but that works too." I rolled my eyes, "Of course you did." Renee got the mock three count and the entire arena erupted in cheers. I smiled when the Bellas turned away in disgust and left the building. I slid into the ring as the ref held her hands up and I quickly picked her up into a hug, spinning her around. "You did incredible babe! I'm so proud of you," I smiled and let go. And just as I turned around, there he was.

Dean flew from the top turnbuckle and landed a cross body...as if we were in a wrestling match.