Chapter Seventeen.

Dean's POV:

"I fucking hate you. How are you beating me in all these damn games? Fucking ridiculous is what it is."

I laughed at one of my best friends Danny as I continued shooting basketballs with him at the arcade. Danny sucks at everything that isn't wrestling. "I'm sorry buddy, I just got skill. Watch this." I turned my back to the hoop and threw it over my shoulder at the hoop and to my surprise, I'd made it.

"OHHHHH! Who's the man? In your face! What's up now boy!?" I pretended to get in his face then clap my hands, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Dean Ambroseeeee!"

Danny rolled his eyes, "Keep your voice down idiot. I'd hate to have to fight off Ambrose fan girls."

"Why? So I can beat you in that too? OOOOH!"

Danny chuckled, "You're a damn fool. I honestly question my sanity when I'm around you."

Danny walked over to the booth that our nachos waiting for us and I followed listening to him ask, "Can we talk about Monday Night Raw?"

"Well," I cleared my throat and sat down. "Its this show I wrestle on for WWE and I also wrestle on another called Smackdown. Oh also-"

"Okay smart-ass, you know what I mean. I saw that make out session Monday on Raw just like everyone else."

"So?"

"So, what's it mean? Like are you and Renee together finally or what?"

I ate a nacho and shook my head slowly, "Of course not."

"Are you kidding? God dammit, Jon. Why not? What'd you do?"

I raised my eyebrow, "Sure Danny. Let's just assume it was me that fucked it up."

He stared at me and I blinked continuing, "Okay well..there's this problem. This blonde problem actually."

"Jon, I thought I told you to stop banging that Danielle broad."

"What? No. Not her. I dropped her awhile back no, I'm talking about Nick."

"Remind me which ones Nick."

"Dolph Ziggler. He's the one that's like the show off and his hair use to be bleach blonde but now it looks like burnt Ramen noodles. He use to come out with AJ Lee and Big E and then like Vickie Guerrero. You remember now?"

"The one who shakes his ass? Yeah I got you. So what he's like trying to get with her? Dude, that's your competition? You got this. You got the advantage I mean, you and Renee got history and shit, this guy is just a distraction. It's the universe telling you to hurry your ass up and tell her that you're in love with her."

"I don't know what that means. What's being in love?"

"Being in love is looking at this person and the world stopping all around them. Like crazy whirl wind shit. I don't know it's like waking up, this persons on the other side of you, and you're just like "I can get use to this shit", you got me? Like that one night stand you wanna take to breakfast in the morning."

I stared at him for a really long time, watching him eat his nachos as I thought about it. Danny gives a sucky ass description of being in love for someone who's been married to the same woman for five years but I guess I could understand where he's coming from. I already know I'm in love with her though. I've known it for awhile before Nick decided to make his way into this equation.

"You think I need to act fast, don't you?"

"After seeing what I'm seeing right now? Definitely."

I looked at Danny weird as he nodded behind me toward the Go Kart raceway of the arcade was. I gritted my teeth as I watched Renee and Nick stepped out of the carts laughing carelessly at one another, pointing at one another. I couldn't hear what they were saying as Nick smoothly made his way over to her then grabbed her hand. They made their way, hand in hand, toward concessions where earlier Danny and I ordered our nachos.

I wasn't angry, believe it or not, but I was sad instead. She just couldn't see that there's something off with Nick, something wrong. Something sketchy. I couldn't put my finger on it and that's what bothered me the most. That here I am with all these damn flaws but I couldn't find a single thing wrong with Nick, except his damn hair that he needs to re-dye it. I turned away from them and started eating my nachos aggressively.

"What are you doing? Go over there, man. Get your woman," Danny encouraged then kicked me under the table.

"I don't wanna-"

"GO. Now. Don't be pussy."

I sighed then stood up, turning back around. This was terrible timing with me turning around because at that moment, everything seemed to stop. And not in the in love type way. In the "Nick just kissed Renee and Renee just kissed back" type way. I felt this weird pain in my chest that I felt before when I saw them kiss before. I closed my eyes, reached for my beer, then stormed right up to them both.

"Jon! Hey! Jon!" I heard Danny call after me.

As soon as I was in reach, I yanked Nick off of her by turning him around and punching him straight in the jaw.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Renee yelled immediately kneeling next to him.

Everyone in the arcade watched us as I yelled, "When the fuck will you get it!? I..Renee...he's..shit!" I smashed my fist into the wall and stormed off to the exit flipping one of the tables over as I left the building. I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't care to turn around to see who it was behind me until I heard her say, "Would you just fucking talk to me? What is your problem?"

I stopped in my tracks staring up at the sky,"I can't talk to you."

"You can't just go around punching people in the face either. Would you just look at me? Jesus Christ."

"I can't do that either," I whispered.

"And why not? You sure as hell aren't shy."

"If I look at you, I might fall deeper in love with you..."

Renee said nothing so I turned around to make sure she was still standing there. She cleared her throat, "What'd you just say?"

"Renee, I'm in love with you and you're my best friend in the entire world and its like lately, I've been having these really strong feelings. You're beautiful and you're smart and when I'm around you I get this like weird heart racing type thing going. I compare it to adrenaline because it happens when I'm in the ring or whatever. Or is it anxiety? No, it's probably uhh..oh shit what am I saying?"

Renee stared at me, "No, keep it going."

I grabbed her hand and pressed it against my chest, "Do you feel that? That doesn't even begin to describe what it's like to be in love with you. He may have the charm and the looks and the talent in the ring but I mean I'm working on all that for you. I've been in love with you for so long and honey, I don't do sappy so this probably doesn't even make sense but I just..there's only way I can show you how serious I am about being in love with you."

I went into my leather jacket pocket and got down on one knee as she gasped, "What in the world are you-"

"Renee Paquette, will you marry me?" I held the box open and extended out to her.
---------------------------------------------
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Dean went from hard to admitting his feelings to down on one knee proposing!?

What's going on with our boy and this sudden proposal!?

What will Renee's answer be?

And what about Nick inside?

Find out next time! (:

PS: If you think this chapter sucks, I'm sorry it was kind of rushed.

But if you didn't, thank god! Anyways, vote, comment, do whatever it is you do! (:

Thanks guys.