𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐕

You broke me first BY Tate McRae

When Ziva sat down to write her first solo song, all that came to her mind was heartbreak. He had broken her. He had let go of all the promises they made. He didn't fight for them.

" You broke me first"

He had always told her to Tell him everything, so she did. But he didn't. She was an open book and he was a tapped box. And he had kissed someone else. After all the pain she suffered for him, he still chose someone else.

"Maybe you don't like talking too much about yourself,
But you should have told me you were thinking about someone else."

She had called him after a few months, she needed closure. She needed to know what was wrong with her, that he didn't love her the same. But he didn't pick up. He never did. He didn't respond to her texts. And when she finally moved on, he sent her a text. 'I miss you.' Those three words that sent her heart into a frenzy. She doesn't think he knows how hard it was for her. And when she didn't reply, he called her. But she declined. Maybe he was drunk. He had to be.

"You're drunk at a party,
Or maybe your car broke down.
Your phone's been off for a couple months
And you're calling me now."

All the times that he asked for her help because he was a coward to do it on his own. The times they write songs together yet he got all the credit. She helped him every time, with everything. But she realised, he simply used her. Why? She doesn't know.

"I know you,
You like this.
When shit don't go your way,
You needed me to fix it.
And like me I did,
But I ran out of every reason."

He had the nerve to ask for another chance,

"Now suddenly you're asking for it back,
Could you tell me where you'd get the nerve?
Yeah you could say you miss all that we had,
But I don't really care how bad it hurts
When you broke me first."

Ziva had read the headlines. He had a child. With someone else. Not even a month later. He had cheated on her. For nine months, almost a whole year he had been dating her while he was with someone else. When she saw the news that he had a son, she was devastated and hurt, She didn't know what was worse, the fact that everyone except her knew because he hid it so well or because she was oblivious?

"Took a while,
Was in denial when I first heard
That you moved on quicker than I could and that hurt."

She wanted to call so many times. Every time that she cried, she wanted to call him like she used too. And she did. But he didn't pick up, he never answered. Now, there was nothing she could say.

"Swear for a while I'd stay up on phone just to see your name,
But now that it's there
I don't really know what to say."

Maybe he thought that she would come running back to him, but she didn't.

"What did you think would happen?
I'm not gonna let you have it,
What did you think would happen?"

"Now suddenly you're asking for it back,
Could you tell me where you'd get the nerve?
Yeah you could say you miss all that we had,
But I don't really care how bad it hurts
When you broke me first."

"You broke me first."

Ziva knew the fans weren't stupid. She would know this song was about Louis, especially since they haven't been in contact a lot after the Hiatus. But this was her closure, her understanding of what happened.
He shouldn't have broken her. This was her closure.

A/N: That happened......