𝑻𝒘𝒐

Two  ~   Truth 

A/N: This chapter won't have a lot of narration but straight up, like question answers as Ziva is filming for a Podcast here. She will open up a lot about her life in One Direction, so there will be a lot of dark stuff here. Please be careful <3

Inspired by Liam's recent Podcast Interview on The Diary of a CEO with Steven Bartlett.

ZIVA MALIK TALKS ABOUT BEING A WOMAN ENTREPRNUER, DEALING WITH SOCIETY STANDARDS AND RELATIONSHIPS.

"Hello everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Diary of a CEO. Today we have Ziva Malik here in the studio. This young girl has gone through a lot, with being risen to fame in an era where woman were not necessarily supported. There were a lot of restrictions and despite everything, she has risen to fame and proven all of the haters wrong. I had heard stories about who she is a very grounded and kind person and after meeting her, I have no doubt." Steven introduced.

"Hi Steven! Thank you so much for having me." Ziva smiled at the guy "I'm really glad to have you here. Are you ready to open up for things no one has ever heard before?" She was shaking, he could see that. "I'm really nervous. But I'm ready."

"We'll start off with a positive note. You have your second album coming up soon." Ziva smiled. "Yeah, crazy thing. It's been like an year since I released 'Mine' and I was just ready to get new music out, especially after the reactions my solo music got the first time, I felt really motivated." Steve nodded "You released an album the fastest. Like, none of your other band mates had a single out and you had a whole album ready and it had 12 songs. How did you have so much inspiration?" Ziva pushed back a strand of her hair "I had like, a lot of demos from years back from One Direction. They were songs I loved so much but they never got onto the albums. And moreover I went through a breakup a few months before the hiatus which explains the heartbreak songs. I wrote like three songs after the hiatus and the album was good to go since I had all the songs completely written from before."

"Now, Ziva it's kinda obvious that you had to deal with a lot of hate for being a woman, and being colored, a famous personality." Steve counted on his fingers. "Mhm. The hate never bothered me because I remember my mother's advice. She told me that not everyone's going to like what you do and agree with it. All that matters is that you believe in yourself and he people who actually matter, know who you actually are. So, the media could say I murdered someone for all I care, but I know I didn't, the people who matter know I didn't and at the end of the day, It's just a rumor." Steven nodded "So it doesn't affect you at all?" Ziva slowly shook her head "I mean, sometimes it does. Like if I get papped on a bad day, the mean articles do get to me but since I went solo, not really. The only thing that affects me, no it actually angers me is when people can just accuse me of something because I'm colored. Like, I remember that every time there is some kind of national threat or like a terrorist attack, I have to go through extra security because they believe me to be some kind of terrorist. That just hurts me, nothing more."

Steve looked over at a piece of paper and furrowed his eyebrows "So, you've talked about how you have a problem dealing with emotions in the past."
"Mhmm."
"Why's that?" "Well, I think that it's because.. Well, we know that your teen years, like from 16-19 years of age is when you figure yourself out. Like, your likes, dislikes, emotions and all become very distinct. You understand yourself, you explore. I was 17, when I auditioned for X-Factor with Zayn and the band was formed. All of a sudden there were so many people just telling me how to act, what to be, who to be that I didn't get time to figure who I really was. And I regret it. Till this day, I have no idea how I need to deal with my emotions, which is one of the biggest reasons I still do music. I don't regret that decision, but what I do regret is letting people tell me what to do and just, control me.  I know many people are gonna come at me like 'Oh she's making it all about herself' or like 'It's not that hard'. It might not be for you, but it is for me. Everyone goes through their own struggle and everyone has a different reaction to every situation."