Chapter 3: A New Companion

Continuing the meeting with the former human- who's known as Satoru Mikami, got reincarnated here in this world after being stabbed to death.

"Must be hard." I said under my breath, but enough for him to hear.

"Not really. I just acquired some unique skills and such after arriving here."

He explained to me that he also have the unique skill "Great Sage" like mine.

He also knew about my existence, as he's Great Sage explained about me to him.

Maybe being transported in this world, acquiring the same skill and meeting him here is all planned by Great Sage?

I doubt it but that's not entirely impossible.

However, one thing that makes me curious is his unique skill "Predator".

It has the same trait as my "Greed King", but a superior one on every aspects.

It has the ability to predate, analyze, copy and store just like mine.

Predate, just the name suggests, means eat.

Everything that he predate will be stored in his stomach, like every slime can do.

However, unlike mine, he can copy it's appearance and race. It's good for hiding oneself if the enemy isn't intelligent.

"How should I address you? Satoru-san? Or Mikami-san?" I asked.

It's normal to add honorifics to much older people than you. Such as him- being a 37 year old former human.

"Why not just Mikami then? It's not like it's necessary to add honorifics in this world. Besides, I got reincarnated, which means that I'm only 1 week old. The same as you so don't worry much."

"I see. Then you can call me Kiyotaka as well."

He nodded in response.

I'll be bothered by the fact of calling someone by their first name without them doing the same.

Well, as for the honorifics, I'm not used to adding one on other people, but I can still do it if needed.

Just like Chabashira-sensei. Well, she's another case but you get my point.

Like what he did, I also told him some things about me. But I didn't included any stories about my past, nor my school.

Nevertheless, since I told him that I'm just 16, he's not so dumb as to not guess that I'm just a highschooler.

Anyway, regarding his personality, for the past few hours that we've been bouncing around, going towards nothing, I can say that he's a good person.

No, that's not about his personality.

He seems to be a cunning person who can think of a strategy for every pinch that he's in. However, he's not manipulative and cold like Horikita and me, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

Having a good person by my side is just an extra, as I can use hin for negotiations and such if it ever comes to that.

No, Kiyotaka, you shouldn't think like that anymore.

I can't call other people nor creatures in this world as 'tools' anymore.

Why?

Because if they ever found that I betrayed them, they will seek revenge.

And if they do?

That'll be troublesome.

Especially if I knew that they have great potential who can far surpass me, I like to avoid that if possible.