Chapter 9: Meeting the Goblins Pt.2

The timeline is messed up, forgive me. *Teehee* don't bother the small details, atleast I followed the story lol.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyomoru POV:

I'm still sensing something suspicious about this coincidence meeting, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. I narrowed my eyes and darted my gaze on the group.

Their local 'god', as they said, gives protection to their tribe and other monsters from attacks and such. However, a month ago before today, their 'god' suddenly vanished and the protection that they've been granted is gone.

Which means, that they are prone to human invasions, other monsters stronger than them, and travelers since they have nothing to fear anymore.

If I may say though, this local 'god' of them must be Veldora, considering the timing of his disappearance.

"I knew something big is about to happen..." I said under my breathe as I isolated myself from the group.

We're currently walking to their small village to show hospitality towards us- which they called us the 'strong ones' or something.

Apparently, they're village will be engaging a fight- or an invasion from the direwolves. They want manpower and numbers, of course, that's why when they sense someone powerful, they immediately head out to see who it is, which turned out to be us.

To be perfectly blunt, I don't want to meddle on this personal matters, as it doesn't have anything to do with us at all. But Rimuru, being a good-hearted person- slime he is, decided to hear them out before coming to a decision.

I won't mind, really, and I'll respect his decision no matter what it is. However, without seeing this direwolves potential, I cannot underestimate them.

We finally arrived at the said village deep in the forest. It's already past morning when we arrived, which is a long journey on foot if I may say so myself.

Stopping in front of a wooden and old hut, the leader of the group entered first by swiping off the dirty clothe which serves as a door.

There, on a chair, sat an old goblin while holding a wooden cane. He then stood up upon seeing us, then the goblin who accompanied us stand beside him.

"I'm the elder of this village. I sincerely apologized for our poor hospitality. Such a tea for a strong one like you two is clearly not enough." He said.

He slight bowed his head, then the other goblin did the same.

"So, what do I do as a favor?" Rimuru said, cutting straight to the point.

A wise choice for words, Rimuru. But you cannot say that to someone you haven't met yet, yet alone knowing their names.

I let out an internal sigh before hearing the conversation.

The elder of the village explained the predicament they are in. Much as the leader of the group who accompanied us earlier said, it seems like he confirmed it himself.

The disappearance of their god and of course, the matter with the direwolves.

Direwolves- are monsters east from the forest- newcomers who wants to seize control of the forest since the disappearance of Veldora.

Overall, inside the village, there's a total of 100 Goblins who can fight- women's included. The direwolves have the same number of troops.

However, the only difference is the manpower.

Direwolves have the total strength of 10 Goblins- so we need 10 Goblins in total to stand a chance against 1 of them.

It's clearly impossible, as we need a total of 1,000 Goblins to reduce the enemy numbers. Of course, that's only me thinking hypothetically. We're not even sure how capable our troops is.