Chapter 12: To the Dwarven Kingdom

Kiyomoru POV:

Rigurd- being a man of his words, got everything ready this afternoon. He said it takes 2 months to arrive on Dwarven Kingdom in goblin foot. Considering the foods needed ln the journey, they surely need to rely on the supplies of the forest.

But now that we got the Tempest Wolves on our side, it now only takes a week to travel.

At first, Rimuru planned to visit the said kingdom by himself, but some incident happened...

"Are you really not going?" I asked.

Rimuru is there, sitting on a red pillow with a concern look on his face. But, a trace of blush can be seen on his cheeks...

"As much as I'd like to go in a paradise full of elves- I mean, ehem... The goblin scouts found out mercenaries with strong bodyguards. I can't leave the village with you."

Even after considering the strength of the wolves and the new evolved goblins, Rimuru still wants to protect the village. Rigurd is also here, which is a lot stronger than a regular ones, but maybe he wants to stay just to be sure.

I don't really have any problems with only me going, but I'm not sure about the chances of meeting the king.

Who knows what kind of incident may happen?

"I see. Then, I'll be going now."

I hopped into Satsuka's back, who seems to be happy about it. I tied myself into a sticky thread just to be safe since there's a chance of falling.

"It's hard to handle situations like this without any hands." I mumbled with a sigh.

Me, a few more goblins, and their partner wolves started our travel into the Dwarven Kingdom.

Gobta- who got into the kingdom once, took the lead as we followed behind him.

We'll follow one of the three available routes- which is tracing the Great Ameld River's northward. I had a map ready in my head just in the case of losing our sense of direction.

We've been going for three hours now without a break, but really, this wolves are fast. At this pace, I'm sure we'll arrive there faster than the estimated time.

But, despite being transported in another world, I'm still awkward about initiating conversations in complete silence.

"Rigur." I called his name in the front.

"Yes, Kiyomoru-sama?" He asked as he slightly turned his head to me.

"I want to ask who named your brother- the previous guardian of the village."

"Ah, yes! I'm glad you ask!"

He told me the story about his elder brother, whom he look up the most. Rigur is still a child a decade ago, so it's normal if he already forgot about some things.

A passerby magic-born races named "Gelmud" claimed that he can 'see something' on his brother.

This "Gelmud" said that he'll take his brother on a journey, but since his brother is still a child back then, he said he'll return in a few years after he got stronger.

"Gelmud", however, is leading a demon horde capable of destroying nations. I have doubts upon hearing this.

"My brother surely evolved into a named monster, but it's nothing compared to us." He said while scratching his nape.

"Really?"

The goblins around us nod in agreement.

At first, I only mean to initiate a conversation so that, even by little, lift the awkward silence in the travel. But I ended up getting a handful of information.