SOLACE

Recap : After a while, Subhadra came out of Panchali's chamber giving me a reassuring smile indicating that Panchali accepted her. "Arjun, now go win your fireborn AGAIN!" retorted my heart like always.

Panchali's POV :

I heard his approaching footsteps in my chamber again. I was lying on my bed facing the large balcony which gave me the view of moon glowing in it's full splendour. It was pournima and the divine moon light illuminated the gardens of Khandavprasth making it look like heaven on Earth. On the contrary, the diyas in my chamber were blown out as I wanted to remain engulfed in darkness. The only light was coming from the moon. I could hear Arjun taking out his jewelry and diadem but I didn't budge from my position. "Rajkumar Arjun, here is the turmeric milk you asked for", I heard my dasi speak and then she left. He came and slept beside me and slid his right hand on my waist. He adjusted his other hand below my head and made me sleep in the crook of his neck. His embrace was bringing me a solace that I missed all these years. I sighed deeply, enjoying his embrace yet thoroughly miffed by his past actions. I was on the verge of getting up and abandoning him but even my own body refused to move in his arms. He spoke softly, "My love, you have such a big heart. You accepted Subhadra in no time then why is it that when it comes to me your mind won't relent even when your every heartbeat wants nothing but to make me yours. Is it so hard to forgive me?" Saying this, he made me turn around and look into his deep orbs swirling with emotions. He kissed my forehead and whispered again," I am sorry, love, please forgive me. I promise that my other marriages will not cause any hindrance in our marital life. Only you will rule my heart, MY EMPRESS, just like you rule this huge kingdom. Your wish will always be my command just like The Empress's words are commands for her Senapathi." His dual meaning of words just made me annoyed at his smartness. How clever he is to use such charming words on his upset Wife. I also decided to play along and said, "The Empress is hard is to please, Senapathi and so is your wife. Your charming words cannot melt me because this QUEEN only trusts actions."

"Alright then, my Queen. Your servant is at your service and this time his actions will make the most noise. Now, come on, have this milk, priye. I know you haven't eaten anything."

I just knitted my eyebrows and looked away. I was in no mood to obey his words or have that glass of milk. He took my face in his hands and made me drink the milk with his hands. I gulped it down with closed eyes and stood up suddenly making him surprised. "Arjun!!!", I screeched. "Why did you make me have that milk? You know I hate the taste of it."

He laughed hard making his curls dance unaware of my miffed gaze. "So, the child in you has finally graced me her presence. No matter how angry you stay with me, you can never pretend for long!", saying that he picked me up bridal style and licked the excess milk off my lips. "Mmm, Panchali, the milk is so tastyyy, how could you not like it? The honey in your lips makes it the most delicious drink I have had so far." Urgh, what a flirt he is. Only he can have this audacity to lick my lips when I am angry. "Arya! Put me down," I commanded. That wiped off the smirk on his face which made it difficult to suppress my laughter. "Why are you calling me Arya? I thought we are on first name basis, love," he said in a dejected tone. "I am sure you have other wives calling you by your name. Besides, I'm habitual to calling ALL my husbands "Arya". Why should I give you a different treatment?", I said with a firm face with an emphasis on "ALL".

"Panchali, I know you are hurt and these words that you speak are worse than the arrows I shower on my enemies but.."

"But what? Your other marriages are worse than the arrows you shower on your enemies, Savyasachin! I am just speaking some mere words but you did the act! How should I forget all the things you make me go through?", I lamented. "You broke my trust. You brought Subhadra at a time which was exclusively ours. You are used to sharing 'things', I am not!", I said as matter-of-factly.

He let out a deep sigh understanding that it's not going to be a cake walk to put an end to my anger.

"Okay, Krishnaa. I will take things so slow. I surely cannot expect to win a place in your heart again after all that I have done. I accept your anger too," he said sincerely while going down on his knee and pulling me to sit on his thigh. He wrapped his hands around my waist and kept his head on my chest. "Let me just be in your presence. You cannot take that away from me even though you are understandably angry." I sighed. He is right. I cannot take this away from him because I, myself craved for his presence desperately. I wrapped my hands around his shoulders and kissed his curls. We sat in that position for what seemed like eternity and his mere warmth gave me the feeling of paradise.

He looked up into my eyes and spoke with the utmost sincerity, "I missed you so much. I missed you every moment I was away from you. You don't know how I survived without you all these years." I was about to retort but he kept his finger on my lips. "Shhh, Panchali, I know what you will say, after all both of us can read each other's hearts but even with other wives in my life that void in my heart never went away. Who can take your place? You are my first love, first wife and my best friend. You are my soulmate. Staying in your arms is rapidly filling that void and making me drown in SOLACE. Your touch is like a soothing balm. Only you can heal my wounds and I promise to heal the wounds I afflicted on your precious heart, my love." Tears kept falling from his eyes while he made this confession. Watching him cry only aggravated my pain. SAME OLD ARJUN. First his actions hurt me and then himself. "No, my actions always hurt me first because I'm the one performing those. The consequences hurt you and I am so sorry for that," he uttered again before I could even speak. "Not fair, how you still complete my sentences, Parth," saying that I kissed his forehead and wiped his tears. He deepened his embrace into my chest and set my desire on fire. Losing control over myself, I placed raw kisses all over face. I repeatedly kissed his eyelids. I craved for him like my life depended on it. I guess, I ignited the fire within him too, which I shouldn't have because in the next moment he licked my navel, oh so smoothly, that a whimper escaped my mouth. His rough hands caught hold of my waist tightly. I was going deep into ecstasy. His passionate touch was electrifying my body. I got up to leave but he held my pallu making my breath hitch......

To be continued....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Yes, I am so cruel to end it there :p Do tell me what you think! Do you guys like it or not ? Eager to know how Arjun pacifies our Queen then please vote, like and comment! I'll update sooner if the response gets a little better! :)