Realisation

Recap :

Arjun's POV :

"Wait, let me wipe that rice off your face", I told her. She looked confused and in no time my hungry lips started devouring her full lips. "Hmmm, the khichdi was really tasty, wasn't it, baby?" I bent down and said looking at her belly.

"You and your antics will never cease. I love you, Arjun and we love you too. We can't wait to welcome you!", she said while caressing her belly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun's POV :

I was done with my early morning practise and prayers. It was a beautiful day which marked the beginning of Panchali's second trimester of pregnancy. Before heading towards the RajSabha, I decided to visit her. While on my way, I plucked out a rose and increased my pace to reach her chamber. Panchali's chamber was hustling with activity as the Empress herself was getting ready. The sight that I saw in front of me brought a smile on my face. I just leaned on a pillar nearby without making any noise and observed my queen. She was examining her belly in the mirror. Her belly was now peeking out indicating the fact that she is now four months pregnant. Her thick curls were dancing on her back which were yet to be tied in her signature long plait. The blue lotus smell emanating from her was hitting my senses. I cursed the fact that it was already morning now and I couldn't spend much time romancing my beautiful wife.

"Parth, are you done ogling at me?", Panchali said smirking.

"Ah, ofcourse, you caught me like always! I am not as good as a warrior that I think I am. How am I spotted from so afar even by my pregnant wife?", I complained like a child.

"That's because your wife is aware of your every heartbeat, of your every breath, then how can she not recognize the sound of her beloved's footsteps?" she asked while turning around making me melt with her pearly white smile. The pregnancy glow was making her look even more divine. This Yagnaseni was making it harder for me to control myself.

"You look so beautiful, darling. I wish I could stare at you all day long. Come here, my beauty", I said and stepped forward to envelope her in a hug. I didn't want to leave her from my arms. I felt like protecting this delicate woman who had nothing but only love to give me. I cannot believe how much I love her! Sometimes I wonder how am I able to share her even? I looked into her lotus shaped eyes and kissed her forehead. I proceeded to kiss her luscious lips with passion with one hand on her cheek and the other on the back of her waist. Both of us were losing ourselves in the nectar of love every passing second. She pulled back and punched my nose. Her touch was as light as a feather.

"Arjun, we will get late if you keep kissing me like that. See, I'm not even ready yet!", she whined. Well, she was right. I saw her picking up a bottle of oil and was intrigued.

"What's that for, love?" I asked.

"This is some special oil which Arya Sahadev told me about when I was pregnant with Prati. I have to massage it on my belly to keep my skin taut", she explained.

I took the bottle from her hands and carefully poured the oil in my hand. She was standing in front of me without her saree so I quickly started massaging her cute little belly. She just smiled at my antics and held me by the shoulders.

"Baby, how are you doing today? Your mata looks so gorgeous and see how your pitashree is absolutely head over heels in love with her. Both of us can't wait to have you in our arms and shower our love and blessings", I said looking at her belly, making conversation with my child.

"Arjun, what do you think; will it be a girl or a boy?", She asked.

"Well, if it's a boy then we can give him a sister soon. What do you say?", I said while winking at her.