The Goodbye - Part V : ~ Union, Separation? ~

A/N : Hi Guys! Before you read the chapter, I wanted to say that I have tried to explore Arjun and Draupadi's intimate relationship. So you can expect some mature content. But I have kept it respectful as I revere both of them tremendously. Enjoy reading. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously :

Panchali's POV : Needless to say, he was dumbfounded and his expressions were hilarious! "The Queen of Indraprasth knows how to take revenge, my love and I am fully aware of the consequences I have to bear for my mischief and I am eagerly waiting for that," I said confidently to him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panchali's POV :

"Yagyaseni, you are forgetting that I am also called "Vijaya" for I can never be defeated and here too I won't accept defeat so easily," Arjun retorted with a mischievous glint in his eyes. But wait, I saw something else in his eyes too. Was it fear? While I was lost in thought, he pushed me into the lake and himself jumped inside at the very next moment! "ARJUN!!!", I screamed. I charged towards him while fighting the resistance of water. I was in a playful mood and my next move was to splash water all over him! But he had other things in mind.. 

Arjun pulled me towards him with such force that I banged into his chiseled chest. I looked into his eyes, the fear was back and so was burning passion. He held my face with both his hands and started tracing down the sides of my body causing me to erupt into sweet ecstasy. Our breathing became shallower. I could no longer match the intensity of his eyes and thus looked away. While his one hand held my hips tightly, the other shot up to my chin. He caught my face between his fingers and made me look into his eyes again. Our surroundings dissolved into nothingness and all I could think about was : What is that fear in his eye? Breaking the silence, he said," Isn't it my defeat that I had to share you with my own brothers? Isn't it my defeat that I have to leave you for twelve years? Isn't it my defeat that you have to divide your love for the five of us? Isn't it my defeat that I let you enter this life full of struggles knowing well about the kind of things you'd have to listen to; you'd have to endure? Do you want to know why my eyes are laced with fear? It's because I am uncertain about what the future holds. Twelve years shall pass in the blink of an eye when both of us are fulfilling our respective responsibilities but what is going to happen to our personalities? Who are we going to become? Will I matter to you in the same way I do now?" I wanted to respond affirmatively. I wanted to tell him that he is mistaken but where was the lie in what he just spoke? So instead, I said, trying to run away from all possibilities and focusing on the present. "Parth, I don't know what's going to happen in the future but in this moment I know that I love you and I can feel it in my gut that I will always love you unconditionally, no matter what happens, no matter what you do." But impulsively, he unclasped his tight grip from my body and tried to retreat, muttering, "I don't deserve your love." No, he shouldn't have done this right now. I was not going to deal with his erratic behaviour. I was willing to put behind all my sorrows, all my struggles to let our troubled relationship blossom once again and we were so close to doing that. But he was repeating his mistakes yet again. He was running away from me like always.

Arjun's POV:

I heard a mirthless laugh which sent shivers down my spine. "Back at square one, aren't we "Vijaya?", Panchali taunted. I realised that I was spiraling into my same old pattern of playing the victim card with her. She has had enough of my distant behaviour. This time I can't expect her to understand. This time I cannot let her down. I am sure it's just not me who is being haunted by these horrible thoughts. She is troubled too and had even tried to express it in the morning but I silenced her. NO! NO! NO! I have to get a grip on myself. I cannot disappoint her. I had promised myself that I was going to undo all my wrongs and hurting her again surely wasn't called undoing my mistakes. In that moment, winning her swayamvar felt easier than alleviating her hurt. It's time to win my fire born back.