The Goodbye Part III: ~ An Escapade~

Previously : Like a teenage girl, wanting to meet her love secretly without anyone finding out, I marched out of the room, while making sure my anklets made the least noise. As soon as I was out of the chamber, I ran, I ran, I ran without thinking of anything else until I collided into him. "Panchali", he said....

Panchali's POV :

"Arjun.... oh, Arjun!", I said while taking his hands in mine. "You know, I am so angry with your decision of leaving Indraprasth, leaving me... I need you, I mean we need you, Indraprasth needs it's Senpathi. You don't have to go for the penance. I will talk to Arya Yudhistir. I am so sure he will agree," I said frantically. Even at this moment I was reluctant to show him that I was devastated. All these years I have worn my heart on my sleeves when it came to him. But I am a human after all, it hurts when he doesn't reciprocate it as much. I understand his reasons but isn't it true that I yearn for him. Despite of knowing this, he has always been distant and that's something I cannot digest. But I am a fool to think that he will not be able to decipher the longing, the desperation in my eyes. His ability of understanding me deeply always draws me towards him, sometimes even against my will. It's this same ability which compensates his inability to express love. No wonder he is also known as Savyasachin. Ambidextrous. He is a master at balancing out things.

"Shh, Panchali", Arjun said while keeping his index finger on my lips. He stepped forward and wrapped me in his strong arms. I was taken aback at his loving gesture. My hands automatically went around his neck. I could feel his warm tears falling on my back. I was weirdly ecstatic, not in a sadist way but this was no less than a love declaration for me from my otherwise succinct husband. His gesture was a massive contradiction to his usual stoic behavior. He delicately took my face in his hands and started planting kisses all over it. I was filled with pure bliss. But he stopped abruptly as if he had an epiphany! "Panchali, just wait right here. Do not move. I will be back in a few minutes." After saying this, he took quick strides into the passageway leading to the inner chambers. Needless to say, I was confused. What was up with him and that too at this hour? By now, everyone must have been up as I could see the sun rising. This was our only chance of meeting before his departure. What could be more important than this? Were his gestures only momentary? 

To my relief after a few minutes,  I saw him approaching me with a slight smile on his face. His light brown orbs were shining with a love that I had only dreamed about receiving from him. Before I could ask him anything, he smoothly picked me up in his arms while I steadied myself by wrapping my arms around his neck as I wasn't expecting this at all. I raised an eyebrow hinting to tell me what exactly was happening? He just laughed and gave me a long, long kiss. It felt like I was in paradise. Not because he was kissing me but finally he was lowering his guard. It's because he is going away soon, Panchali. A voice in my head echoed which was enough to bring back new tears. With tears streaming down my face, I kissed him back. We paused for a moment. I knew better than not to ask him any questions. I was afraid that somehow my questions will annoy him and he will stop showing me this side of his. God, how desperate am I really, for this man? You are not desperate, you yearn for him, you crave for him, admit it Panchali.  This time my heart retorted. 

Arjun, finally put me  down when we had reached his white horse, the same one which he was riding on while coming back to the palace. He just couldn't suppress his laughs at my quizzical expressions. To be honest, I was annoyed at this point. I know I can read his eyes and mind but come on I am no fortune teller. He climbed up and then gave me his hand and made me sit on the horse with my back facing his chest. Then he snuggled me up into an embrace from behind and kissed my neck while lingering there for a few seconds. It was enough to give me goosebumps all over. He surely knew of the effect he had on me. "My love, today I am going to have you all by myself with no worries in my mind at all,"  he said and with that we rode into the horizon against the rising sun.

Arjun's POV :

I had always wished to bring my beloved at this surreal location since the time I had discovered this place. It was amidst the forest lands which stood between Hastinapur and Khandavprastha. It was a beautiful landscape with lush green grass on one side and a fresh water lake on the other. Beyond the forest stood tall mountains and now I could see the sun shining in it's full glory between the two mountain summits. I used to come here to practice archery and sometimes when I needed solitude. Overtime, I had built a decent sized cottage and even deployed a few daas and daasis to take care of the cottage. I am a nature lover and for someone like me, such a place was not less than paradise and it's beauty was unmatched but only until today... Today, my beloved Panchali  has stepped foot here. I could see that she was in awe of this place. Like a child, she was trying to explore the place. Her eyes danced everywhere in an effort to take it all in. I walked upto her and made her face myself. She was happy. I could feel it. I could sense it. I could see that in her smile which reached her eyes. I spoke, "Panchali, this the place which I used to tell you about many a times. I always had considered this place the most beautiful but honestly with you being here, I don't even feel like looking at this splendid scene. I know all this must be a lot to take in. Let me make it easier for you. When I made you wait earlier today, I went into your chamber as I knew that Jyesht must be there. He was already awake when I reached there. I exclusively took his permission to take these two days off with you. I cannot let go of the pran that we all had taken but before that I had to do something special for you. For us, " before I could even complete my monologue she hugged me tightly. 

"Parth... I am at a loss for words. Yes, I am still heartbroken. Still devastated at the thought of you going away but with this gesture you have begun the process of healing me, of bettering our relationship. To be honest, I feel like I am in a dream. How could this be possibly true? Someone pinch me!," she said while lightening the mood. A lot of heavy emotions were running through us but just like that she saved the day with her excitement. I am indeed a lucky man! I have decided that I will no longer think of our usual lives. This is an escapade for us. I have never even felt so thrilled while battling my enemies. Just the thought of having her only for myself is so exhilarating. It was time to undo all the mistakes I had done previously. 

I  gave her a naughty smile and pinched her cheeks and then kissed them. "Panchali, don't you want to check out the cottage? Let's go," saying that I took her hand and started going inside the cottage. I was looking forward to hearing about what she thinks of this place! But as soon as she saw the bed, she just jumped onto it, pulling me along. As soon as we hit the bed, the feeling of exhaustion took over. I couldn't even express the amount of bliss that I was experiencing. She was in my arms, miles away from our palace, from our reality. Both of us didn't know what exactly the future held but in this moment we were content. While cuddling each other and with the thought of spending two days with each other, we fell into a deep slumber.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Hello guys! This time I tried to write a slightly longer chapter and this is what I could come up with. I am so excited to know what you guys thought of it. Do let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote! Also, what do you think, how are they going to spend their little escapade? ;)