Friendly Intervention

Recap : She looked like a Goddess in her Lavender Saree. I took the kajal from her eyes and placed a kaala tikka behind her ears. "Well done, Parth. I don't look so bad today!", she teased me. "You are the most beautiful woman on this planet, Panchali and I am the luckiest man on Earth to have a place in your heart", I said expressing my love as I didn't want to keep anything within me from now onwards. She thanked and touched my feet as tradition. I stopped her and kissed her forehead. Together we headed to the mandir to offer our prayers and soon we got engulfed in our day's responsibilies..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panchali's POV : I was gradually accepting the truth that he no longer is married to only me. Yes, the truth was heart wrenching but what choice did I have? I was always left without choices in this kingdom. When was I ever consulted when it came to my own personal life too? This is the way how things worked around here which sure was unacceptable. It felt like I was fighting a system even though I was an important part of this system. Being an Empress also didn't assure full freedom then what must be the condition of female citizens all over? This thought always tugged my heart and made my resolve stronger in serving my own citizens.

My mind took me towards Subhadra. How innocent and besotted she was with my Arjun. When she first came to me, clad in nothing but a simple saree, I realised her simplicity and naivety. She was beautiful yet naughty just like her brother. I sighed at Govind's thought.. Surely, there must be a reason behind this allegiance however the truth remained that Arjun himself took the first step towards this allegiance. A gloom engulfed me again.

"Sakhi, now you don't need me as your friend anymore, you have Subhadra to fill my shoes. Aren't you happy to have gained a sister in her?," said Govind, surprising me with his entrance.

"Pranipat, Govind! Please have a seat. Rajkumar Arjun is not here.", I said maintaining a cold stance. Of course, I was upset with him too. Arjun doesn't do anything without Govind's counsel so he too is responsible for my pain.

"I see, someone is miffed with her Sakha!," saying so he smirked. The twinkle in his eyes was difficult to ignore so I just looked the other way knitting my eyebrows. He came in front of me and took my hand in his and spoke in his reassuring voice, "Panchali, this marriage must have caused you heartache but soon it's going to give you two people who will love you unconditionally. Subhadra is already in awe of you. Please accept this marriage, Sakhi. All my actions are on purpose but all with pure intentions. Forgive your Sakha!," Saying so he caught his ears and smiled bewitchingly. I could see the same twinkle reflect in his eyes which I had seen in Subhadra's.

"Govind, I have already accepted Subhadra as my own sister. Don't worry about her!" I said.

"Oh, so this anger is reserved only for me, I see!," said Govind while raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, angry with you and your Parth," I said. I pretended to be angry while fighting my smile and flipped my long braid behind my back dramatically.

"Good job, Panchali, don't forgive these two companions so easily! They don't know how much pain their other marriages cause us," said Satyabhama, Govind's beloved wife while entering my chamber.

I was so delighted to see her. She was one of my best friends. I quickly engulfed her in a long hug. "I missed you so much, Satya! This time I will not let you go back to Dwarka soon. You will have to stay and accept my hospitality!", I said cheerfully.

"As you say, Empress!", she teased me making me laugh more.

"Why don't you save some of this hospitality for me, love?", said Arjun while circling my waist from behind. He kissed my cheek from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.