The Separation Continues

Recap : However today he is going to return to my life again but does he even need me anymore. The entire kingdom is decorated for his welcome but not me. I am not keeping well. I feel drained and lost. Subconsciously, I made my way towards the balcony where I bid him goodbye. Little did I know, it'll be the same place of our first meeting after twelve long years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun's POV :

There she stood in all her glory radiating a glow which would mesmerize anyone who laid their eyes upon her. Her chamber still looked the same as it did twelve years back and I found her at the same place she used to be whenever she waited for me eagerly. Her grand balcony was decorated with soft white curtains and purple orchids. She was sitting beside her small pool dipping her hand in the water and lazily moving it round and round creating ripples of waves in the pool. I knew that's how she felt even within her heart. I was certain that I had created ripples of agony, anger and hurt in her beautiful heart. However, I knew, Yajnaseni's heart was not just beautiful but also generous. "But is it generous enough to forgive you, Arjun?", retorted my mind. Well it's something only time would tell. The ripples in the pool had stopped and now I could see her face clearly in the reflection. Our eyes met and she turned around swiftly.

I was stupefied looking at her magnificence. Twelve years have passed yet she managed to look her ethereal self. Looking at her dressed in a white saree with golden border and nothing but red vermillion in the parting of her long, luscious curly hair made my heart beat faster. I was losing control over my senses. Every part of my body was vibrating with Panchali's name. Her eyes were blood shot which indicated her continuous crying and her full red lips swollen. Those lotus shaped eyes housed so much pain, anger and betrayal. A lone tear escaped from her eyes and I couldn't help but blame myself for putting her through this trauma. I had broken her heart by marrying three other women but what was I thinking then? Maybe I was merely trying to quench my thirst of being lonely or I was truly in love with them all but the woman in front of me was my only truth, my only soulmate. Before her tears could touch the ground, I moved forward to wipe them. She raised her hand to stop me, her nostrils flared and suddenly the wind started blowing wildly making her hair uncontrollable. She pushed me and started walking towards her bed but I caught her hand and made her look into my eyes. I held her uncontrollable hair and kissed her on her full, red lips and I found a solace that I never felt in the past twelve years. I knew she was angry with me to even tolerate my touch but even her eyes couldn't hide the burning passion which we always shared. She kissed me back with such ferocity that it was making me go wild with desire yet guilt. I bit her lower lip and started trailing kisses on her swan like neck. But she pushed me hard. Pushed me with all her might and thundered, "Why have you come here? Go where your Subhadra is. A second tie always weakens the first! How dare you touch me, Arjun? You have proved that you have plenty of them to go and fulfil your desire. I was always a joke to you since the day we met. You shared me and now you are also making me share you! Couldn't you spare a thought about me while you were on you adventures of love? Was it an exile or a way to escape from me to find love elsewhere? Was my love and devotion towards you not enough that you mock me like this with your multiple marriages? You may leave now! The empress requires solitude."

Her words were not minced and I never felt so scared in my life. Had I lost her with my stupidity? How was I going to pacify this dark beauty who thundered upon me like the dark clouds do at Lord Indra's will? She was thunder yet fire. She went and sat in front of the mirror fuming with anger and crying profusely. What had I done to my most beloved wife? How could I hurt her again? I have felt the pain of sharing her immensely then why did I put her through the same? I knew she wasn't like me to keep mum and silently suffer in agony while watching me with someone else. Whenever I thought of her to be in arms of one of my brothers, I felt the wound in my heart rupturing again. MADHAV! How do I pacify my QUEEN, your beloved sakhi? I took a deep breath and mustered the courage to walk towards her. I stared at her reflection and said, "Panchali, you still remain the most beautiful woman who has ever walked on this planet. Your beauty has only grown over the years. Even in your anger I can feel your love and passion. I know what I have done has hurt you beyond measure. But I just want you to know that you are my SOULMATE. We are one. I have only thought of you all these years. Having married thrice didn't make me forget you. It only made me realise how we are so similar and complement each other like no one else. My other wives have their own qualities but you are my beloved. You are my soul itself. You are my EQUAL. You are my KRISHNAA. You are not just a wife but my companion for life just like Madhav. You are someone who I would always turn to for advice. You have every right to stay upset with me and I promise to not touch you without your acceptance but please forgive me, my love. I cannot survive without you." Saying this, I went on one knee and took out the ring which belonged to my darling from the pouch. I had carried this pouch with me for twelve years and this ring stayed with me whenever I couldn't bear the separation. I placed the ring in her finger and kissed the back of the hand waiting for her to speak.

Her eyes had softened but her expressions didn't waver. She looked at the ring carefully as if scrutinizing it. "You kept it for all these years?", said Panchali, the woman of my dreams. Her melodious voice was like a cool breeze on a hot day. My being beamed with joy sensing no anger in her voice. Does it mean I won her back? Or was I celebrating too soon? She went to sit on her bed and pulled the hem of her saree to reveal the anklets I had given her before leaving Khandavprasth. Tears formed into my eyes looking at her love. She still wore them even after I hurt her show much. Her delicate feet looked perfect with those anklets. I bent forward and kissed her feet. "Arya, what are you doing? Surely, I am not so wicked to let you kiss my feet as a token of your apology! Do you see this bed? It's going to stay empty at nights because you have Subhadra to attend to now."

I sighed. Somehow I need to convince her that she remains my priority now. Especially after being away from her for so many years. She then lied down on the bed and turned on the other side mocking me with her shapely curves. I called for Subhadra and asked her to go win Panchali's heart as my first queen needed some assurance. No, she didn't feel insecure with Subhadra but it was important to let her know that all my other wives hold her in high regards. After a while, Subhadra came out of Panchali's chamber giving me a reassuring smile indicating that Panchali accepted her. "Arjun, now go win your fireborn AGAIN!" retorted my heart like always.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Did you guys like it?? I personally like this chapter. Tell me your thoughts and please vote and comment!