Emotions

Recap : Arjun's POV : It was our decision to have her as the common wife and I despise that decision now. She faced it all alone without me and here I can't even face it with you and her being at my side. I wish I could undo it all, I would in the blink of an eye but it's too late now", I ranted it out. I said it all in front of Madhav. He was my best friend and there was no shame in admitting my truth before him. But he just kept looking behind me. I turned around and it was Panchali who was standing there with teary eyes..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panchali's POV :

The arrangement for today's lunch was done perfectly after Arya Bheem added his last few touches. He genuinely cared for me and kept on asking about how I was feeling every ten minutes. I was happily surprised when he revealed that he told the cooks to make pineapple sheera which was my favourite. He treated with utmost love and affection which I always acknowledged but the fire in my heart could only be quenched by one man and it was time to go and call him for lunch again! I don't know what delight he found in chatting with Govind for hours but I adored their friendship. While approaching them, I heard him say something which my former self yearned to hear. But now it just gave rise to a storm in my heart.

"I wish I could undo it all, I would in the blink of an eye but it's too late now"

His words kept repeating in my head and my vision got blurred with newly formed tears. I travelled back to the days when I used to go to watch him practise archery in Kampilya forests.

Flashback starts..

He was blind folded and was intently trying to listen to the sound of the wind to get a sense of direction. I couldn't see his target but I wasn't interested in finding out his aim, I was just mesmerized by him. Standing tall with a perfect posture, his muscular arm stretched the bowstring along with the arrow, he moved his bow slightly upwards. My gaze followed the direction of his arrow and realized that he has sensed my presence but I didn't move. I wanted to know what his next move would be. He released the arrow in a swift motion and at the next moment, flowers showered upon me. He ran towards me and without opening his blind fold said, "Pranipat, Rajkumari Panchaali. Your lotus fragrance is to be blamed for revealing your presence today." There, he had already answered my question before even my asking him about how did he recognise me as we had never met before. However, I was surprised that he knew about me. I opened his blindfold and retorted, "Pranipat, Rajkumar Arjun! I am impressed with your skills. Could you teach me how to shoot an arrow with a blindfold? I might want to shower someone with flowers too."

His brown orbs kept looking into my eyes and lips played a smirk. He came close to my ear and whispered, "Rajkumari, I think you have missed the arrow which has tied you down to the ground." Confused, I looked down and indeed there was an arrow which went through the hem of my long dupatta, into the moist ground. It was loose enough to keep me unaware but tight enough to not let me move forward. Blood rushed to my cheek as I was embarrassed at how easily he had trapped me without my notice. The flowers proved to be a great distraction. "Even a princess can be dangerous. I had to be careful. I am sorry, Princess," he said triumphantly with a glint in his eyes.

"Arjun, have you forgotten that you are standing on the lands of Kampilya. If I want, I can get you arrested here for your transgression," I said feigning anger. "I could have been hurt with your arrow, you know", I said again while trying to free my dupatta from the ground.

"Wait, how do you know I am Arjun?" He questioned. He was bewildered and now it was my turn to smile triumphantly.

"Oh, so finally you realised and are out of your small victory moment of trapping an innocent princess", I exclaimed while finally freeing myself. A piece from my long dupatta trail still remained trapped under the arrow. I started walking away from him but he caught my elbow. "I hope along with this arrow, you also remember the flowers which welcomed you. I don't know how you know of my identity, princess but I shall always remember the blue lotus fragrance as a sign of our first meet. All the things that I have heard about you are true. Your beauty is unparalleled and your wit is unmatched", he said with a genuine smile.