Chapter 6

There was awkward silence as I felt Hayama, probably as he is the only one in front of me because I felt Jun's hands on my shoulders and my father's hand on my head, staring at me heatedly. I shuffled a little, wondering what I did to deserve this until I decided to break the silence because no one else seem to want to do it.

"Hello, I'm Yukihira Soma." I said with a small bow. "It's nice to meet you. Shiomi-san told me a lot about you."

Technically, I didn't lie. She was babbling about him but I wasn't paying attention.

"Ah." I heard his childish bored voice. "Hello, I'm Hayama Akira."

"........."

Welcome back, awkward silence.

Someone please bring me out of this.

I did not get reincarnated just to be killed by awkward silence.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, Hayama spoke.

"What are they doing here, Jun?" he asked, causing me to sweatdrop. So he calls her by her name even as a child?

"They're here as guests, Hayama-kun. And call me Shiomi-san or at least Jun-san!" Jun said with a pout (I think). Hayama, however, didn't look like he cared and just nod along.

"Okay, Jun." he said, causing Jun to fume in anger.

"Hayama-kun!" she yelled before sighing. "Anyway, I'm not sure why they're here yet."

"Hah? What an irresponsible person." Hayama said with an annoyed sigh.

"Hayama-kun!" Jun shouted in anger before being disturbed by my father.

"Hahaha, so she's still the same since before, huh. That's good." he said with a laugh. "Anyway, the reason we came here today is to ask you to teach my daughter cooking using only the sense of smell."

"Eh?" she said in a shock voice. "Without the sense of eyes? Is that possible? I mean, I can try but I can't make any promises because it has never been done before."

"Don't worry about that." Joichiro said in confidence. "Soma will be able to learn it."

"Why does she need to learn it, though. Can't she cook normally?" Jun asked. I winced a little at that question, still a bit sensitive about my blindness.

"Ah, about that...she's currently blind." Joichiro, who tried to think of ways to not mention my blindness, gave up and straightforwardly spoke.

"Hah? What do you mean by that?!" Jun exclaimed in shock. I also heard Hayama letting out a bit of a shocked gasp.

"Well, truth is, she and my wife was in an accident a few weeks ago and suffered injuries. My wife's legs broke and never healed and Soma's eyes became too damaged to see." Joichiro explained in a sad tone. "Soma here wanted to continue cooking so I thought you could teach her."

"Well, I can try but how can she handle using knives and all? Isn't it too dangerous for her to cut the ingredients without seeing?" Jun worriedly asked, probably thinking that my father was insane so I decided to speak out.

"Um, even though I currently lost my sight, I still have my other senses so I can easily avoid cutting my fingers off." I explained to her with a small smile. I am using the word 'currently' because I noticed that Joichiro used it too so I concluded he was currently searching for ways to heal me. Since he is putting so much effort, I will also put effort into making our bright future. Nakiri Azami, mark my words, I will defeat you.

"Besides, I asked another person to help train her in cooking perfectly." Joichiro said before a knock echoed in the room. "Oh, it seems that he has arrived."

"Hayama-kun, can you let the person enter?" Jun asked and he left, based on the decreasing sound of footprints. I heard the door open, some muffled voices talking, and then approaching footsteps, two to be precised.

"Welcome, Gin." I heard Joichiro greet happily which is followed by Jun's "D-Dojima-senpai!"

"Cut to the chase, Joichiro. Why did you suddenly call me here after disappearing without a trace or a call for years." Gin demanded. "And hello, Jun, I hope this idiot hasn't bullied you?"

Dojima Gin? Isn't he the top 1 seat during Joichiro's time (although its because Joichiro left that he was number one)? Is he going to help train me, too? What the heck, Joichiro, are you planning on making me train under your friends and underclassmen? If yes then that would be fun because I could use all the help I could get although it does seem to be overpowered. I mean, come on, who else has the opportunity to say that they were trained under a first seat and a herbs specialist? Probably also the 'asura' because Joichiro might help a bit.

"So are you in, Gin?" Joichiro asked.

Huh? Oh, I must have spaced out during the explanation. Well, that's good. It would be awkward and annoying if I hear them mention my eyesight one more time.

"Sure, it's interesting to teach a mini you." Gin seemed to have agreed easily. "Besides, I can see that she has the potential. I want to know just how high she can reach with it."

"How about you, Jun?" Joichiro asked the girl.

"Um, well, I guess it's alright since I'm already teaching Hayama-kun. They can practice together and even be friends!" she exclaimed and I inwardly stared at her incredulity. Really? Well, I can understand what she means since if I recall correctly, child Hayama is a bit of a loner and a distrustful person. But...do you think another distrustful and introvert child can help?

"Well, since that's all over, Soma, introduce yourself to your new senseis." Joichiro said and I nod.

"Hello, I am Yukihira Soma. I hope that I can learn a lot from you and have a great time together, Dojima-sensei, Shiomi-sensei." I said with a customary bow.

"Hahaha, call me Gin-sensei, Soma." Gin said with a laugh.

"Me too, me too!" Jun said. "Call me Jun-sensei, too!"

"Then, Gin-sensei and Jun-sensei." I said with a smile, excited on how my days will turn out. Oh right, how is my schedule? I mean, I am homeschooled but I still need time to learn the topics and do the homework.

"How will my schedule be, Dad?" I spoke out, not turning in any direction because I don't remember what their positions are.

"What do you mean?" he asked somewhere to her left, making her turn to it.

"I mean, I still have school." I said and he let out a small 'oh'.

"That's easy, you'll study for Monday to Wednesday, Thursday to Saturday will be for cooking, and Sunday will be free time!" he said and I just nod in agreement, deeming it fair although it would be better if I don't need to learn because I have all the knowledge from my past life and they are the same with each other.

But, anyways, I am excited to start training. This must be the best decision in my life.