Chapter 14

Hi!!! I'm really sorry for not updating for so long. Life has been busy and I lost motivation to continue this story before. But I'm gaining the motivation back and classes are almost done so I will try to update more. Thank you for all of your patience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My next few classes went smoothly with one exception - everyone I passed by was looking at me with awe or envy since rumors spread fast. 

"That's the girl who got A on Chapelle-sensei's class, right?"

"No way, from the chef who never smiles?!"

"I heard something bad happened to her dish but she was able to fix it."

"Those rumors are exaggerating." 

"Yeah, she probably spread it herself."

"What an attention-seeker."

I didn't bother and kept calm with the rumors, not wanting anyone to be my enemy. However, they seem to think that it was a sign of weakness and delved deeper with their words, annoying me to the limits.

"She probably asked Todokoro to scream to attract attention." 

"Yeah, she probably did it cause she's failing and the new student was her only hope."

"Tsk, tsk. Can they really be chefs?"

"They should just drop out."

"Oh my." I said with a loud, mocking voice which successfully interrupted everyone talking and leaving the class in a deafening silence. I could feel all eyes on me, including Megumi who was silently dying in her seat beside me. "Is this how chefs, no students, of this school act? No wonder it has a very low graduating rate. After all, there are a lot of rats in the place who passed only through sheer luck or wealth."

"What did you say?!" someone shouted and I turned to her, smirking evilly with narrowed eyes.

"Did I say a lie? I didn't, no? After all, everyone knows that those who speak a lot are those that are trashes just. like. you."

"Y-you bitch!" she shouted, fast walking to me before raising her left hand to slap me. However, before it hits, someone grabbed it. I turned to the person and widened my eyes, seeing someone familiar in front of me.

"Heya, Ryo!" I said with a smile, my anger vanishing within seconds. However, contrary to my cheerful demeanor, the girl who was about to slap me turned pale as she tried to remove her hand from his grip with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"L-let go of me!" she cried. "I-it hurts!"

Seeing her in pain made me a bit guilty and I was about to tell him to stop when someone beat me to it.

"Ryo-kun, you should stop now." I turned to the familiar girlish voice and hugged the person.

"Alice!" I exclaimed in joy. "Long time no see."

"Yes." she said with a smile as she returned the hug. "Erina messaged all of us about how you're going to explain yourself later so I'm going to let you go free for now."

I than felt someone tap my shoulders and saw Ryo looking at me so I smiled and hugged him too before letting go.

"Thank you for helping me but I could have handled it just fine." I told them but they sighed in synced.

"We interrupted not to help you but for her." Alice explained which left me confused and sad.

"For her?" I asked with a sad tone as she nod and pat my head.

"If you're still the same as when we were kids, you would have no doubt broke her arm which tried to hit you." hearing that, the girl who tried to hit me paled further and fell on her knees. No, not only her, everyone who was badmouthing me started paling.

"Hahaha, don't worry, I wouldn't have done that." I told them with a wave of my hands.

"Then what were you about to do?" Ryo asked as I smirked and faced the girl again.

"Listen here, bitch, no, everyone who dared spread bad rumors about me and Megumi. I challenge you all in a Shokugeki and the condition is simple - whoever loses will be expelled." I said while facing everyone. I believed that some would have common sense and back down, seeing as I had Alice and Ryo help and talk to me, but that was not the case. Out of the thirty-five of us in the room, including me, fifteen of them agreed and said that they will have it prepared. I raised an eyebrow at them before sighing in disappointment.

"Oh well, I will at least help Sanzaemon-oji with removing trashes in his school." I murmured.

"You do know that when he hears this, you're dead?" Alice asked playfully and I paled.

"Shoot." I really don't want to be scolded again!!

"S-Soma-chan?" I turned to the one who called me and saw Megumi. Whoops, I forgot about her for a moment.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"T-thank you for helping me." she thanked with a small blush and I cooed at her.

"Aww, you're welcome, little one." I said while patting her soft hair.

"Who's she, Soma-chan?" Alice asked and I introduced them all to each other. Surprisingly, after a few minutes of talking, Alice accepted Megumi and treated her like a little sister (ahem pet ahem) while Ryo tolerated her. 

Hehehe, no one can hate such an innocent angel! 

No, that's wrong, let me correct it: 

No smart person can hate such an innocent angel!

Anyway, classes were really simple and I finished the day with perfect grades together with Megumi who was, by dismissal, already crying tears of joy because she didn't need to leave the school while thanking me profusely. 

"Wahhhh, thank you Soma-chan!!" she said while bowing down repeatedly. "I passed because of you!!"

"H-hey, it's alright, don't worry, so l-lift up your head!" I was super flustered as she kept repeating her words and bowing down until I had enough and grabbed her shoulders, surprising her. I noticed that she was looking at me and I smiled.

"Don't worry, that's what's friends are for, no?" she looked shocked for a moment before smiling widely, standing straight.

"Yeah!" with that, we walked together until we reached her dorm - the same, rundown, Polar Star dorm from my memory. I told her to go first because I will be doing the test with the dorm mother, Daimido Fumio. She tried to intimidate me but since I vaguely remember her personality of being kind, I was calm all the way and passed with flying colors. 

Thank goodness I managed to stea- ahem, grab some ingredients from the classes without anyone noticing. 

*I love you, you love me~*

Eh? I looked around before face palming at my stupidity, realizing that it was my phone ringing. Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that wasn't my ring tone at all unless...

Alice!!!! I knew I shouldn't have given you my phone to type your numbers!! 

Sigh, anyway it's too late for regrets so I answered the phone and regretted it.

"Where are you!"