Chapter 13

Once I reached the school, I secretly grabbed a long, brown wig from my extra paper bag and put it on before covering my face with eyeglasses without any grade and a mask so that no one can recognize me even if they saw me.

'Hehehe.' I thought with a mischievous smile on my face. 'I'll definitely scare them all away in the opening ceremony!'

.

.

.

"Who are you!" I turned to the person who spoke and silently smiled behind the mask, seeing Erina with a glare and Hisako, who was behind her as usual, staring at me suspiciously. "What are you doing here? This place is only for those with authorization."

I stood up from the chair I was given by the speaker today and bowed slightly.

"Nice to meet you again." I said mysteriously, smirking when I saw the two looking confused.

"Again? What do you mean?" Erina asked. "As far as I know, we've never met someone like you. Right, Hisako?"

"Exactly, Erina-sama." Hisako said. "From all the time I've been with you, not once has someone like her approach us."

"Now, explain yourself before I call security." Erina strictly said but I made no action to speak further, infuriating the two, especially Hisako.

"Now, listen here, you!" Hisako shouted with a glare. "Do you know who she i-"

Sadly, she was interrupted by the speaker who spoke something that left them dumbfounded.

"Now, introducing to the only transfer student of the year, Yukihira Soma!" I grinned as I heard my name, quickly throwing my disguise on the ground as I did a peace sign with my right hand to the two before heading up the stage, smiling when I spotted the same look on the rest of my friends who were surprisingly seated besides each other. Guess introducing them all together and making them friends was worth it.

"Hello, everyone!" I said with a smile, making sure not to make any comments that would make me be a target by anyone else like what the original Soma did.

Seriously, I'm amazed he had the courage to speak like that to everyone. I would have fainted if it was me.

"I'm Yukihira Soma, a new student in this school. Since that's the case, please guide me as I won't know many things. Thank you!" I said, ignoring the scoffs I heard from below. After that, I headed back to the backstage and was confronted by an angry Erina and a tearful Hisako.

Uh oh.

"H-hi?" I said with a tensed smile, knowing how scary an angry Erina would be. After all, she was straightforward and blunt to the bone.

"So.Ma." she said with a sickening sweet smile. "When were you planning on telling us you returned?"

"A-about that..." I trailed off before a brilliant idea came to my head. "It was my Dad and your Grandfather's fault!"

"What do you mean by that?" she asked curiously while I mentally patted myself for coming up with such a brilliant idea.

"I'll explain later with everyone else." I said with a smile. "Let's meet up at Jun-sensei's place!"

With that, I ran awa- I mean, I went to my class.

The moment I entered, I felt all eyes on me which made me uncomfortable so I hurriedly went to a counter with a familiar blue-haired female.

"Hello!" I cheerfully talk to her. "I'm Yukihira Soma, what's your name?"

"T-Tadokoro M-Megumi." she stuttered out. "N-nice to meet you."

"Come now, don't be shy." I said. "Let's be friends!"

"E-eh?" she said in shock, probably not used with people befriending her instead of bullying or mocking her. With that thought, I frowned, wondering why someone would bully such a kind person. "Are y-you sure?"

"Of course I am!" I said with a smile. "I wouldn't have said so if I didn't want to."

"T-then, please take care of me, Y-Yukihira-san." she said.

"Don't be too formal, just call me Soma!" I told her while patting her head. "Alright, Megumi?"

"A-ah, okay, S-Soma-chan?" she hesitantly said, smiling when I grinned at her. At that moment, our teacher for the lesson, Roland Chapelle, appeared with the usual frown on his face.

"Good morning, class." he said. "Since today is the first day, we'll go easy. Today's menu is boeuf a la Bourguignonne. You have two hours to complete it - begin!"

Oh? I'm pretty sure this is what happened to the original show but since I didn't offend anyone, I'll be safe, right? I looked at Megumi who was panicking since awhile ago and chopped her head lightly with my right hand.

"Don't worry too much, Megumi." I said. "As long as we follow the recipe with confidence, we'll surely pass!"

"O-okay." she stuttered out while nodding which made me sweatdrop. It seems she's not fully convinced. Well, I guess I just have to prove it to her, right?

"Anyway, let's start cooking, Megumi!" I told her. "Can you grab the ingredients while I check the recipe for a bit?"

"Sure." she obediently nod before going to the back as I headed to the front. While I was checking the recipe, I noticed that chef Chapelle was looking at me with narrowed eyes, making me nervous. Did he recognize me? Hopefully not. Well, now's not the time to worry about that. I made sure to memorize the recipe by heart, which was easy since it was similar to the recipe I made before, and went back to Megumi and began cooking together which was a lot of fun.

There was one thing I never anticipated, though - the cruelty of humanity.

Because I was confident no one wanted to harm me, I let my guard down and the result -

"A-ahhhh!!!" Megumi yelled in panic, gathering everyone's attention except mine as my eyes were stuck in the pot with salt on top of the meat. "W-who would do such a thing."

I glanced around the room and saw two boys beside us smirking at each other before noticing me looking at them.

"Are you the one who did it?" I asked calmly.

"And what if it was us?" one of them who I made sure to remember as part of my hate list said.

"Yeah, you can't do anything because it's your fault for not being careful. Isn't that what a chef is supposed to be? Take this as a lesson since you asked for guidance before, no?" the other mocked, making me pissed as I clenched my fists.

These bastards...

I smirked. If that's how they want to play, why not follow them?

I glanced at the clock and noticed that we only had thirty minutes left.

I guess I have no choice but to follow the original Soma's way of cooking, huh. With that in mind, I quickly grabbed honey and cooked, finishing under fifteen minutes. I asked Megumi to plate it and, when I noticed that no one was looking at me, grabbed the salt shaker and stealthily added it in the open lid of the bullies. Not satisfied, I grabbed some pepper and honey and placed it in the pot before mixing it to hide the evidences before moving with Megumi to present our dish to our teacher who smiled and gave us an A. While we were cleaning, the boys presented their dish and got an immediate F, making them wonder where they went wrong.

Soon, classes were done and I left with Megumi, however, before I left, I turned to the two boys and whispered so that they will be the only ones listening:

"Karma's a bitch, no?"

With that statement, I moved a bit farther and spoke with a loud voice for everyone to hear.

"Thank you for the lesson but, honestly, it seems that you're the ones who need to learn from me."

I left with everyone, including Megumi who was beside me and Chapelle-sensei who was about to leave, laughing.