Chapter 15

Merry Christmas everyone! As a gift, I will upload two chapters today :) It's not much but it's all I can give you, hahaha, hope you enjoy! (1/2)

"Where are you!" 

I placed the phone away from my ears and glanced at the time, realizing why Erina was shouting at me.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm heading there already, I just took the test to enter Polar Star Dorm! Bye!" I quickly shut the call, not wanting to listen to her rant. 

Sorry Erina, but I'm tired from the classes and the test I just took. While I was heading to Jun-sensei's place, I was grabbed by the left arm by a person which made me instinctively kick them in the stomach. The person collapsed and I immediately sat on them, only to stand up when I saw that it was a familiar classmate from last class who was silently watching me while others challenged me.

"Ah, sorry, I thought you were a kidnapper." I said but he just stood up while glaring at me. We had a stare off until he sighed and gave me a stack of papers.

"Here, our classmates were cowards and didn't want to give it to you personally and I was chosen. I didn't really care so I just accepted it. It's less bothersome then watching others fighting again" he said and I smiled.

"Thank you." he nod and was about to leave when I stopped him.

"Wait, what's y-your name?" I asked while stuttering in the middle, realizing that it might give him a wrong idea. However, before I retract my statement, he paused and glanced at me lazily.

"Chibana. Chibana Tatsuya. See you around Yukihira." with that said, he lazily waved his hand and left, raising his headphone to his ears to listen to some music. 

"Chibana Tatsuya? He wasn't from the show at all." I murmured with a frown. "Is he unimportant? But his aura... I can tell his an amazing cook."

"What are you thinking about?" I flinched from the sudden voice that came from behind me and quickly threw a punch, only to be stopped by a hand.

"Oi, you okay?" I looked at the person and sighed in relief.

"Geez, don't scare me too much, Akira." I told him, retracting my arm. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the others?"

"That's my question, too." he shot back. "The others were getting worried and wanted to get you but if everyone comes it would grab a lot of attention so we played rock-paper-scissors and I won." 

"Pft, you guys played that just to see who will find me? You shouldn't have done that, I can take care of myself." I told him while softly laughing.

"You suck at focusing on one task, though." he said which completely stopped my laughter. "We thought you forgot about our meeting and decided to talk with someone else."

That's true... but it's embarrassing!!

"L-let's go, shall we?" I told him, grabbing his hand and pulling him with me towards our destination, hoping that he would get the cue to shut up about it.

He didn't.

Throughout our fifteen- minute walk, he would say all the embarrassing things I did as a kid and all I could do was endure it. I've already pulled my hand away from his, covering my cheeks instead. Thankfully, his voice is quite low so only I had to listen and no one else. The downside is that people wonder why I am doing it.

"Remember that time when you thought Ryo was a wall and kept hitting it because 'it' was blocking your way?"

"Remember when you accidentally added chili powder on your cake instead of sugar? And than you scolded me for rearranging the shelf when you smelled it before you place it on the batter."

"Do you remember how you thought Jun was a cat because she was wrapped in a blanket and kept petting her in her sleep until she awoke?"

I lifelessly walked, forced to recall all of my darkest moments when I Jun-sensei's laboratory.

"Hey, look, we're here, come one!" I went behind him and pushed him quickly, shutting him up in the process. 

Finally!! No more listening to things that could kill me!

I guess I was too excited because I accidentally slammed the door open, making all the occupants look at us. 

"Um..hi?" I said with a shy smile, pushing Akira forward who stumbled a little from shock. 

"YUKIHIRA SOMA!" I flinched, slowly turning to the person who yelled my name - Erina.

"H-heya, Erina!" I said with a wave, trying to calm the fear in my heart. Honestly, out of all of us here, she's the scariest. However, she didn't reply and just stood up before walking towards me. When she reached me, with the traitorous Akira abandoning me to sit on Erina's previous seat, she just stood still which made me more nervous.

Come on, Erina, if you're going to do something, do it already! Don't wait until my heart explodes due to nervousness!! However, since she doesn't look like she will do anything soon, I decided to take the safe route and acted first.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled out, bowing my head as I shoved the papers I received from Tatsuya in her hands. "I was late because a classmate of mine interrupted me and gave me these challenges!"

I kept my bent posture as I felt her get the papers and read it before sighing.

"Come, stand up now and sit with us." she said while walking away, papers still in hand. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

I stood up with a smile while sighing in relief, happy that I wouldn't die today and took a seat in between Hisako and Alice. 

"So, explain." Erina said. 

"From the beginning or?" I asked, not sure at what I should explain.

"Of course from the beginning." she said with a sigh.

"Oh, well..." I told them all about what happened. How my surgery was went, how my parents worried too much about me, how I travelled the world, but I didn't tell them about my fame in the cooking industry, wanting to surprise them in the future.

"By the way, where is Asahi?" I asked. "I thought he didn't attend the opening ceremony but I haven't seen him at all and he's not here, too."

"Ah, we're not sure where he went." Alice replied with a pout. "Asahi-kun just told us he'll not attend Totsuki because he wanted to travel the world and find his real parents and then left."

"Of course he is in contact with us by phones and letters." Akira said.

"Oh." I said. Weird, why didn't he tell me?

"Oh yeah, he wanted me to give this to you before he left, Soma-chan." Hisako said, handing me a letter. I took it and saw that it only had one sentence.

"I did the same thing you did."