Chapter 8

"Hahaha, isn't she just endearing?" my father said while laughing and patting my head. I felt my eye twitch and stomped on his feet (thank goodness he was behind me so it was easy) which made him squeak in shock and, probably, pain.

"Ow!" he shouted while I gave him a kind smile filled with innocence. "What's wrong, dad? Were you bitten by a bug or something?" 

I heard another laugh from the man in front of me and a sigh from behind me which made me smirk a little. That's what you get, dear father.

"Anyway, we can't stand here all day, Joichiro." the man said. "Let's go inside."

"Alright." my father agreed easily. "Let's go, Soma."

I just nod and grabbed my father's hands as we walked towards the inside of a house (?). After a few minutes of walking, this place is too big, my father grabbed my shoulders and let me sit down on a pillow. So wherever we are, the owner likes to live traditionally, huh. 

"Anyway, it's nice to see you again." Joichiro said to the stranger. "It's been a very long time."

"It is." the man agreed. "And this child must be your daughter?"

"Yes, she is." Joichiro said. "Soma, introduce yourself."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Yukihira Soma." I said, curious as to who the man in front of me is.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Soma. Joichiro told me a lot about you." he said. "I'm Nakiri Senzaemon."

Eh?

.

.

.

EH?! D-did he just say he is Nakiri Senzaemon? The father-in-law of the b*stard and grandfather of Erina and Alice?! Am I in their house?! Oh my gosh!!! Can I meet Erina, Alice, Hisako, and maybe Ryo? 

"-ma?" I felt a tap on my shoulders and I snapped out of my thoughts, blushing a little in embarrassment. Whoops, I should pay attention now.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Did you hear what Senzaemon said?" my father asked and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I didn't hear properly."

"It's fine." Senzaemon said. "I was asking if you could cook something for me. Your father here has been praising you for your skills and I want to see it with my own eyes. It's not that I doubt you but I believe it's better to see it with my own eyes."

"Ah, okay." I easily agreed, partly (okay, mostly) because I was flattered with the confidence of Joichiro on me. I felt excitement rush in my veins. Don't worry, father, I won't let you down! 

Thus, this is how I found myself in the kitchen with my father near me in case something happened and Senzaemon seated somewhere with a table and chair, prepared to eat. 

"What do you want to cook, Soma?" my father asked me as I think. Hmm, I want to cook something healthy and yummy for late lunch/snack because of his age. Ah, I know what to make! I quickly grabbed the ingredients with the help of Dad and began making it, careful as I can't see anything. Once two hours is done, I presented my dish to Senzaemon who blinked in shock when he saw what I made that my father was holding for me.

"This is.." he trailed off while I nod, knowing what he meant.

"Yep!" I said with a soft smile. "It's strawberry cake. While the design might not be too good as I... couldn't see, I thought you would enjoy it as it has fruits and less sugar then most desserts."

"Why dessert?" he asked. "And how do you know I would like it."

"Well, I assume you ate something already because it's way passed lunch and I thought you are passed your thirties based on your voice so I deemed it appropriate to give you something less sweet."

"Well, you thought all correctly." he said as I heard the sound of plates moving. Suddenly, there was silence before some weird sounds emerged from the room. Was that....nope, not even gonna think about it. For once, I'm thankful for not being able to see the weird expressions of pleasure in his face. Watching it from the anime was creepy enough. Suddenly, a loud bang caught my attention as I heard three, no four footsteps approaching in a hurried pace.

"Grandfather!" a childish female voice yelled out. "What are you eating?"

"Ah, Erina." Erina? If she's here then are the other footsteps Alice, Ryo, and Hisako? "Why are you here? Hello Alice, Hisako, Ryo."

"Hi, grandfather!" Alice, or I think is Alice, said happily. "Erina-chan said she smelled something delicious and dragged us here."

It appears she noticed us because she asked who we were.

"Who are your guests, grandfather?" she asked.

"Ah, he is an alumnus of Totsuki and she is his daughter." he said.

"Yo!" my father said. "I'm Yukihira Joichiro."

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I realized I should introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm Yukihira Soma." I said.

"Ah. I'm Nakiri Erina." the girl with a slightly arrogant voice said.

"Nakiri Alice~" she said with a playful tone.

"Arato Hisako. I am Erina-sama's aide." she said in a prideful manner.

"Kurokiba Ryo." he introduced himself boredly.  

"He's my aide!" Alice added as I just nod.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" Erina curiously asked which made me wince a little. Ah, how could I forget the endless curiosity of a child.

"I'm blind because of an accident." I said bluntly, tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. Maybe it's a good idea to just wear clothes that say 'Hi! I'm Yukihira Soma and I'm blind'. I heard gasps and an apology from Erina which made me wave my hand. I don't need your apology from you. Actually, we should make a club called 'hurt by Azami', we will probably have a lot of members.

"Anyway." my father decided to change the topic. "Why don't you four try the cake she made?"

"She can cook?" Hisako asked in shock. I twitched.

"Just because I'm blind doesn't mean I can't do simple things." I said with a frown. There was silence, probably by what I said, until Sanzaemon urged the four to eat which, of course, gave me the same weird sounds. 

Seriously, if people react like this everything they eat something good, it might be a good idea for me to buy earplugs.