Chapter 11

There was silence in the room, no one speaking after the outrageous claim of my father. We were all processing his words, especially me. When I finished, I felt mixed emotions. On one hand, I was happy and relieved that I wouldn't have to live my life like this until I die. However, I also felt fear. In fact, it was the most prominent one out of all. I've experienced disappointment so many times, both from this life and the past, that I was afraid of even thinking it was real and possible.

"I-is that true?" I asked weakly, feeling my heart pounding so hard from my chest I felt that it would jump right out.

"Yes." he said before I felt a warm embrace, tears falling down my eyes uncontrollably as my emotions burst out. "I've found a way with a sixty percent chance of it working. Do you want to risk it? I know it's not that high but..."

He didn't need to finish his sentence, I knew what he was going to say.

"Yes." I answered him resolutely. "Even if the percentage is not that high, I'm already satisfied that I'm given a chance. Besides, what is there to lose?"

Yes, I'm already blind. No matter what happens, even if it fails, it will not have a big affect to me.

"Then, I'll contact the needed doctors and we'll treat your eyes." Joichiro said with a loving voice while patting my head. "However..."

He trailed off in a nervous matter, causing me to unconsciously grip his clothes while I was still hugging him.

"However?" I asked, silently gulping in nervousness.

"It has to be done in another country." he finished, causing me to be shock.

"Eh?" I uttered, not knowing how to respond.

"I know your going to be hesitant since that will mean leaving your friends bu-" I interrupted him.

"I'll go." I said, causing him to be surprised based on his flinch that I felt. I let go of our hug and turned to face the others who were probably in the same seats since awhile ago and stood up. "I know it sounds selfish of me but I really want to go so please forgive me!"

There was silence before laughter filled the air.

"Hahaha, Soma-chan, you don't need to worry about us hating you or something, you're our best friend after all!" Alice said.

"Yeah, besides, it's not selfish at all." Ryo said in his usual monotone voice.

"Just remember that the next time we meet, I'll win our cooking challenge." Akira told me which made me laugh a little.

"Like you can beat Soma!" Hisako said. "You've never won once against her."

"You can't blame him, Soma's just too amazing." Asahi softly said and I heard everyone murmur 'true' which made me sweat drop.

Well, that's because I have memories from my past so cooking and remembering the formula is easier. But I can't say that so I'll stick with laughing and rejecting it.

"That's not true. I just have great teachers and friends who are willing to help me." I told them which they rejected again. Really? Is it that hard to believe? I mean, all of you, except Asahi who I just happen to meet and is probably a side character, are going to be someone famous in the future.

"Since it's decided, let's go back and prepare for our trip, Soma." Joichiro interrupted us.

"Why should we prepare so early? When is the scheduled surgery?" I curiously asked.

"Ah, about that, I just finished texting the one in charge and they're already preparing for the materials. The only thing they need is you." he said which made me shock.

"Now?! That quick?!" I shouted out.

"Hahaha, yep, so let's go!" he cheerfully replied and I felt myself being carried.

"See you all soon!" I told them while waving my hands as they all said their farewells for me.

Once I no longer hear their voices, I looked up and smiled in excitement.

"I can't wait to see what the future holds."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Six years passed and I am now fifteen years old and is about to return back to Japan. The reason I returned just now is because after the surgery, which was thankfully successful, I had to stay in the hospital for three months to see if everything's alright and nine months in the country in case something wrong happened, or so my parents' insisted. I'm pretty sure that they just didn't want to take chances. Once that year was done, I roamed the world with my parents, learning all kinds of cooking styles from famous chefs and I even managed to help my father with some of his work from high-class restaurants. I was doing an alright job and was praised by many who gave me the title "LV" which meant Lady Varietà or Lady Variety since I could cook different dishes in various styles. I know it sounds weird and cliché but I'm thankful it wasn't too embarrassing. Although I wonder why my title was in Italian. When I asked my father, he said that the one who coined the term was Italian. Oh well, I'm thankful for it anyway.

Anyway, I'm now back in Japan and it's time to meet the others who I managed to keep in contact with through letters since international calls are too expensive (I know I can buy it since Joichiro and I made a lot of money but my poor heart from the past is reluctant too).

Oh, ironically, I am at the same age as the original Soma when he went to Totsuki, too. Is the two idiotic administrators playing with me or something? Because if they are.... they're dead when I see them next time.

But first, the exam guided by Erina and Hisako! I wonder how they'll react when they see me?