Chapter 16

Merry Christmas everyone! As a gift, I will upload two chapters today :) It's not much but it's all I can give you, hahaha, hope you enjoy! (2/2)

"Eh? What does that mean?" I asked in wonder, not understanding it. However, the other seems to have immediately known after taking a peek. "So, what is it?"

"You really don't understand, Soma?" Erina asked with a raised brow and I shook my head in denial.

"Sigh, it means that he'll do the same as you did and only contact each other without seeing us personally. He will also not say where he exactly is." Ryo explained in a monotone voice.

"Oh." I said in understanding before pouting when I realized what they meant. "Hey, that's not true!"

None of them answered, choosing to instead stare at me with raised brows as I tried to defend myself, giving up when even I found my excuses stupid.

"Okay, maybe I kind of did." I finally admitted, feeling bad when I saw their mischievous smiles.

"You liars!" I cried out in betrayal.

"You cut your hair." Alice pointed out, causing me to nod.

"Yep." I said with a smile. "It was starting to annoy me since I was always in a rush travelling and cooking so I decided that it was better to cut it."

"Oh." Erina said, feeling disappointed as she loved Soma's long hair.

"Anyway, what are you going to do about this?" Akira asked while waving the papers Tatsuya gave her.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked with a sly smirk. "I'm destroying those punks."

"I wonder what grandfather will say~" Alice said with a thinking pose as I immediately paled.

"I-I'm pretty sure he'll be happy since I removed some of the useless people, right?" I said with a worried smile, trying to calm my heart as I remembered the last time he got angry towards the people who dared to bribe a teacher to let their son stay in school. 

"Or he'll get mad that you're kicking out those that are supposed to be our 'stepping stones'." Alice teased again, causing me to let out a small whimper.

"No!" I weekly shouted while shaking my head in fear. "He might tell Dad and Mom who'll either scold me or ground me!"

"How will they ground you when you're here and they're not?" Akira asked with a raised brow.

"You don't understand." I said while shaking my head. "Dad will definitely find a way to scold me. He always do."

"Why would he want to scold you, though?" Hisako asked in concern. "Did you do something that made him mad?"

"Oh, no!" I said with an irritated smile. "Ever since I managed to beat him, he became sulky and looked for any reason to have a rematch with me."

'I'm not like the original Soma.' I thought with the same smile. 'I might love cooking but battling each other every day is a big no for me. I have a lot of other things to do like finding out who tried to kill my mom. Or, well, concrete proof at least.'

Maybe it's because Ryo saw that I was getting irritated at my father that he changed the topic.

"What are you going to do about those who challenged you?" he asked while I smirked evilly.

"Well, isn't the only way to prove my position in this school is to win?" I asked rhetorically. "Besides, life wouldn't be fun if I don't take challenges, right?"

"You're just like your father." Erina sighed. "Anyway, when will the shokugekis begin?"

"Tomorrow!" I said gleefully while the rest expressed their pity towards the people who will face me tomorrow. 

"I hope they don't quit cooking after this." Hisako murmured. 

"Well, if they do, then they aren't cut out to be chefs." I huffed while grabbing the papers from Erina to read the bios of the challengers. "See, most of them entered the school by barely passing the easy entrance exam. If they took Erina's test, they would fail immediately."

"How did you know about the exam I did?" Erina asked. "You weren't there at all."

"I heard it from Dad." I said, internally cursing myself for being careless and glad that I did ask Joichiro, mostly out of vengeance that he didn't allow me to join and wanted to annoy him by talking about my friends the whole day. 

Anyway, long story short, the rest of the day was filled with us talking about our past experiences and got closer with each other.

The next day, I awoke at 5 in the morning and headed to the arena where the shokugekis would be held while rubbing my throbbing head. When I got back to the dorm yesterday, I got a call from Joichiro who scolded (cough was proud of cough) me for getting into a fight the very first day of classes. However, when I told him about the bullying Megumi experienced, he got vicious and told me to "tear those f*ckers for bullying a sweet child" which made me laugh in agreement. Megumi was an angel who didn't deserve to be bullied by others. 

Back to the story, when I entered the arena, I was shock to see my friends waiting for me in the top box reserved for the elite ten. I decided to talk to them before the matches start since I would be tired after everything. After all, fighting more than fifteen students will tire anyone out, especially when we need to think of two dishes every time. 

"You ready?" Akira asked me while Ryo checked my knives to see if they were sharp enough.

"I am." I said with an excited nod. "Why are you all here so early?"

"We wanted to cheer for you and talk to you before the matches start but, knowing you, you would arrive three hours earlier than the agreed time so we woke up earlier too." Alice explained with a yawn.

"Aw, thank you!" I said with a grateful smile, happy that my friends would wake up very early just to cheer me on.

"We also came earlier to tell you not to crush their hearts too much." Erina said heartlessly. "You are very cruel when it comes to defeating those who offends you."

"Well, that's the only way for them to learn their lesson!" I said with a pout. "If I am kind, wouldn't they repeat their actions over and over again?"

"Yeah, bu-" Erina was interrupted by someone shouting loudly on the ground.

"Hah, I bet Yukihira got scared to fight me so she hasn't showed up." an oily voice entered our ears as we all frowned. I had an irk mark on my head as I heard what they said, silently wondering how loud his voice was to be heard way above here.

"I'll be back." I told my friends with a smile as I went down, my bag containing my knives and other kitchen tools on my hand. "Time to teach a little baby a lesson."