~ Chapter Nine ~

woo :,)

so back to this crazy thing, but this time on a pretty big monitor so that's fun

with Caramelldansen and "Burning an Orphanage With Technoblade // A Playlist" (on YouTube, great playlist. Highly recommend) queued up and shoving me along while writing this, maybe I'll get two chapters down this week?? :O - no promises ;)

~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh..."

Clay, who had calmed down and stopped crying a while ago, gave him a funny look.

"Oh? That's all you have to sa-"

"Oh, no no no," Ranboo laughed. "I was just taking it all in... That's a lot to carry."

"You could say that again," Clay let out a humorless laugh. "...hey, how long have you lived here? I just remembered that I don't actually know you that well."

"Oh! I've lived here for about... uh... I wanna say three years ago? Can't really remember that well," Clay watched as the boy's mask seemed to lift a tad and his eyes squint. The older figured that the younger was smiling behind it and scratched the back of his head. "I moved here because my best friend lived here and my dad got a job with Toby's dad, so more time for us to hang out!"

"That's really nice, Ranboo." Now, Clay was smiling too. Ranboo nodded silently, seemingly lost in thought. They sat in comfortable silence for what seemed like forever, but it was more likely two or so minutes. Until...

"Holy fucking shit..." Clay cursed, groaning and putting his head in his hands. Ranboo broke from his trance and looked over at the older boy.

"What?" Clay dragged his hands down his face slightly, spread his middle and ring fingers apart, and gave the younger a pitiful look. "Oh lord..."

"Ranboo..." Clay started slowly, looking like he was both choosing how to say this and already regretting anyway he did. "I think I'm in love with George."

Ranboo laughed, though it was more of a scoff.

"Congratulations, you're officially the last to know... well, maybe second to last? George is extremely oblivious as well." They both stayed silent for a second, and then Clay burst into laughter after he watched the younger say that line with a straight face. Then, Ranboo also burst into laughter. They laughed for about a minute, then made eye contact and did that little post-laugh sigh at the same time. That only spurring them on again, but this time with Clay wheezing and neither being able to breathe.

"Uhh... hello?" A soft voice broke through the Ranboo-made hole in the door, startling and silencing both boys in the room. After a second of silence, Ranboo jumped up and ran towards the boy looking through the door. The tallest boy opened the door and revealed two boys that seemed to be around his age. The shorter one, who had looked through the hole and startled them, had fluffy brown hair, had a yellow and black striped oversized shirt with blue denim overalls on. Clay also noticed a little bee pin on the pocket of the overalls.