~ Chapter Two ~

George and Clay stood silently, staring at each other. George watched the new kid's mouth part slightly, meet the former's eyes, then stare at the other's wrist. At his name.

Nick forced a chuckle up, nudging George. "Heh. Clay.exe has stopped working," George could hear the slight venom in his voice, although he wasn't sure why it was there. Clay must have heard it too because he seemed to snap out of his trance and glanced at Nick, who gave him an obviously fake smile. He returned with a skeptical and quick grimace in return, then looked back at George.

The British boy saw the (what he assumed) green-eyed boy's eyes light up, causing the former to give him a light smile, then a little squeak of surprise when the taller pulled him into a hug. The shock didn't last long as he melted into his arms, feeling safe.

The bell soon rang, and they had to pull away, much to the disappointment to both.

"Uh... What class do you have? I could show you where it is?" George said, ignoring Nick trying to pull him in the direction of their class. Clay pulled out his schedule.

"I, uh... Math. I have math," Clay made a face, causing George to laugh.

"I know where that is. Nick," He turned to the slightly taller boy, who made a pouty face. George giggled slightly, reminding Clay that they had just met and that he had no business being jealous even though he was. "Go to class, I'll meet you there," Nick sigh dramatically and started walking away with his back hunched. At one point, he turned around to give a sad face to George, who rolled his eyes, before continuing normally. George turned back to his new friend. "He's a child, sorry about him,"

"No, no, he seems chill,"

"He is," George smiled, glancing back in the direction where his best friend went. Except for that change of mood when we discovered Clay, and I were soulmates, what was that? "Anyways, let's go. Your class is this way. I can meet you afterwards and can show you your next classroom? The classes aren't too far apart,"

Clay nodded, smiling again. "Lead the way,"

~~~~~~~~~~

By the time lunchtime had come around, Clay had introduced himself so often that he was beginning to start hating the words "My name is" and "American," which was being thrown around every time he entered a room.

The mentioned American bit the inside of his cheek, holding his lunch tray and glancing around from table to table, unsure where to sit. He spun some more before walking a bit, which looked less like a dork when he spotted an empty table in the corner. He sighed in relief and made a beeline for the table, feeling even dorkier. The blonde rested his head on the table before he heard a thud at the other side of the table and a voice being cleared. Clay picked up his head, half hoping and expecting it to be Nick or George, but was disappointed at the sight of a pink-haired male.

"Hello, nerd," The pink-haired male said, surprising Clay with his deep, American accent. "You look lonely, and I got annoyed by a child so I thought you looked more interesting. So what's your story,"

~~~~~~~~~~

(EXCUSE ME IF I WRITE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE TECHNO, I DON'T KNOW HIM ALL THAT WELL, SO CORRECT ME AS NEEDED, THANKS)

~~~~~~~~~~

The blonde gave him a look, which the other rolled his eyes at, then raised an eyebrow at him as to urge him to answer the question. This time, Clay rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm Clay. I got here over the weekend. I'm from America and, uhh. I already met my soulmate, I-"

"Woah, woah. Back up," The pink-haired guy said, calmly. "You already did? Who is it? Were they in America?"

Clay shook his head. "No, he actually goes to this school, met him earlier today, actually," He smiled slightly at the thought of George and fiddled with his shirt sleeve that was covering the name. The pink-haired man raised an eyebrow, smirking, and folding his hands on the table.

"May I ask who?" He asked again.

"Eh. Not important," Clay shrugged, taking his fork and stabbing a piece of pasta, putting it in his mouth with a triumphant smirk as the pink-haired guy gave him an annoyed face. "Never caught your name...?"

"Never gave it to you,"

For a second, the two glared at each other, before Clay pulled out his phone, took a photo of his companion, and sent it to George, asking who it was. He soon got a response.

"Nice to meet you, Dave," He smirked, putting his phone away, not seeing the next text that the Brit had sent to him.

"Ooh, was that your soulmate?" Dave wiggled his eyebrows, which Clay rolled his eyes at, smiling.

"Yes, it was. The soulmate you still don't know who is," For the millionth time, Dave rolled his eyes. It was just back and forth now, like watching tennis, but with eye-rolling.

"The soulmate I will find out who, if not by you, I will by cracking you, rumors, or coincidence,"

"What do you mean, 'cracking?'" Clay asked, a hint of worry in his voice. The bell rang, cutting off Dave's chance to elaborate. Instead, he shrugged smirking.

"You'll see soon,"

~~~~~~~~~

Clay walked down the halls to his next class, thinking about where Nick and George were during lunch and what Dave had said, when he walked into his next class, seeing the last-named person sitting with the only empty seat next to him. Dave gave him a triumphant smirk, rivaling Clay's own from lunch.

"Hello, Dave," The blonde said, skeptically. The pink-haired man just smirking and nodding a greeting to him, then turning back to whatever he was writing.

The teacher started talking, Clay zoning out and thinking about George again.

Then Dave slipped a piece of paper over to him, and the blonde knew what the pink-haired man meant about Clay cracking.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe.

Sorry, this is late! I meant to post this last night but didn't get the chance to edit it. Thank you for your patience :) Enjoy Techno being a side character.

1001 Words