prologue

I believe that everybody in this world has a choice.

Everybody in this world can choose the kind of person they want to be, the kind of life they want to make for themselves, and the kind of legacy they want to leave behind. But, most of all, I believe that no matter what path you choose to go down, nobody is unimportant.

It doesn’t matter whether the legacy you leave behind is big or small, or whether or not your life is the most upstanding one. Because, in some way, you impacted somebody’s life.

Impact.

Impact is a very important thing, and also one of the most underrated things.

We all know that moment of impact, where you fall in love, and two completely different worlds seem to collide. That moment of impact that ebbs and flows like a perfect current in the water.

Everything you do in this world has a ripple effect; like little tiny shifting plates that bounce off of each other and change as you do.

When I made the decision to give up the only real home I knew, say goodbye to my friends and my first love and my only sense of normality, I made a large ripple effect. A large impact.

But, eventually, all things that change must come full circle. And when they do, you may find that the impact you made when you left may still be in action, more in the hearts of the people you love, than in this whole world.